You will not believe how easy this creamy, Gluten Free Nutella Cheesecake recipe is to make. This easy no-bake cheesecake has a gluten free cinnamon graham cracker crust and a creamy Nutella filling. Topped with whipped topping, it is a new family favorite.
This incredible, mouthwatering cheesecake is the cake I made last night for my son's 18th birthday. I always feel bad for those with a summer birthday, especially if your birthday falls during a heatwave.
Who wants to use the oven when it is over 100 degrees? Luckily for him, I had this delicious gluten free, no-bake cake recipe ready! I made it ahead, then froze it. I set it out on the counter for about an hour to thaw it out.
If it is too hot to use your oven, or if you are looking for a simple gluten free cheesecake recipe, this is the recipe you need to try next! If you love dessert as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free dessert recipes!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you!! It is an adaptation of a Nutella cake recipe that is not gluten free, but it was one of my first introductions to gluten free, no-bake desserts.
This gluten free no-bake cheesecake is gluten-free, egg-free, and soy-free.
- Nutella - Or a Nutella copycat brand. There are several that contain healthier ingredients.
- Cream Cheese - I used full-fat cream cheese.
- Whipped Topping - I used the TruWhip brand.
- Vanilla Extract - Use pure vanilla extract or imitation vanilla in this recipe.
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers - Any brand is fine.
- Unsalted Butter
Tips For Sucess:
- Use a whipped topping like Cool Whip or TruWhip. They hold their form and don't melt easily like freshly whipped cream.
- Store the cheesecake in the freezer and then thaw it 30 minutes before you are ready to serve it.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Let your bricks of cream cheese come to room temperature on the counter.
Step 1: If you are not using store-bought gluten free graham cracker crumbs, you must prepare graham crackers to make the crust. I used Pamela's GF Cinnamon Graham Crackers.
Grind up an entire box of gluten free graham crackers in a food processor. Pulse it so it doesn't make your cracker crumbs too fine. Add them to a large
Step 2: Melt the butter in a microwave-safe dish for 30 seconds. Add the melted butter and mix.
Hands down this non-stick spray is amazing. It is totally inexpensive and it will save your gluten free cakes and muffins from sticking!
Step 3: Prepare your springform pan. I used the gluten free baking spray pictured above. Dump the crumbs into a greased springform pan and press the crumbs down flat.
Step 4: Add the Nutella and room-temperature full-fat cream cheese to a standing mixer. Mix on low speed and then increase the speed to medium. It should become creamy.
Step 5: Add the whipped cream into the standing mixer and whip until fluffy.
Step 6: Pour the Nutella cheesecake mixture into the springform pan and spread it out.
Step 7: Add the whipped cream layer on top of the Nutella layer. Use a large spoon to spread the topping over the entire surface of the cake.
Feel free to add chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, or chopped nuts to the top. Cover the springform pan in plastic wrap and freeze. You can thaw out the cake by placing it on the counter for 30-45 before you need it.
What size springform pan?
You can make this recipe in a standard 10-inch springform pan, or if you love a tall slice of cheesecake, use a smaller 6 or 7-inch springform pan. The main difference will be the height of your cheesecake. I knew our family would want smaller pieces, so I used the 10-inch pan.
Yes! I already use dairy-free whipped cream so to make this recipe 100% dairy-free, use non-dairy cream cheese and vegan butter or coconut oil.
Most chocolate chips are gluten free, but always read the ingredients. I used Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips. They are free of the top 8 allergens.
You can use any gluten free graham crackers to make your crust. I used Pamela's brand cinnamon graham crackers. The cinnamon flavor complements the chocolate and hazelnut flavors.
Yes! I have also used gluten free vanilla wafers and gluten free Oreo cookies for my crusts.
Yes, you can definitely use homemade whipped cream, but I don't advise it. It tends to melt quicker, which can make this cake soggy.
If you love Nutella as much as we do, try it in these Gluten Free Nutella Linzer Cookies.
More Gluten Free Cake Recipes:
- The Best Gluten Free Tiramisu
- Gluten Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Gluten Free Lemon Pound Cake
- Easy Gluten Free Hummingbird Cake
Gluten Free No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free graham crackers * see note
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 12 ounces Nutella
- 16 ounces full fat cream cheese room temperature
- 3 cups whipped cream See note
- 3 cups additional whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings or chips
- Place the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the crumb mixture into a greased springform pan and press to flatten along the bottom.
- Add Nutella and cream cheese to a standing mixer. Whip until mixed.
- Next, add the 3 cups of whipped cream. Mix until fluffy.
- Pour the Nutella mixture onto the crust in the springform pan and spread to cover the bottom.
- Optional, add additional whipped cream on top of the Nutella mixture.
- Optional, sprinkle chocolate chips or chocolate shavings on top.
- Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an older June 2020 post with a lot more recipe details.
Simplifying the art of baking and cooking gluten-free recipes.