If you are craving dessert but don’t want to heat up your oven, this easy gluten free chocolate oat no bake cookie recipe is a great treat to make!
These no bake cookies with quick oats (Gluten Free!) are my go to summer cookie recipe!
Do you ever have a craving for peanut butter that won’t go away?
This affliction has been with me all day. It is time to go on a peanut butter eating spree. My kids made fun of me because I wasn’t being original. “Peanut butter on toast is gross,” they told me.
Why don’t you make something we can all eat?” they asked. I tried to explain that it was hot outside and that I didn’t want to run the oven….only to be met by blank stares. Teens don’t get it.
It was time to create the best no bake cookie recipe ever and prove them wrong.
I have seen drop oatmeal cookies that looked delicious, but I wanted my version to be healthy, especially if my kids were going to eat more than one of these in a sitting. I went to my favorite standby, almond meal.
You can’t tell it is in there with the melted chocolate and peanut butter, but it helps add more protein to the cookies to balance out the sugars and carbs.
How to make this chocolate no bake cookie recipe:
TIP: I used a mini muffin pan to make these cookies bite-sized for portion control. I often make my cookies really large because I can’t stop at eating just one. Using this little pan helps me behave :-).
More No Bake Dessert Recipes:
(*There are affiliate links in this post. The price you pay if you purchase through this link will not change. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to offset the costs of running this blog. I appreciate your support.)
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
- Certified Gluten Free Quick Oats It is really important to make sure your oats are certified gluten free. Oats are very easily cross-contaminated with wheat so really make sure so you stay safe.
- A muffin tin to add the cookie dough into.
- 1 cup crunchy unsalted peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1/2 almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a sauce pan, add peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil.
- Cook on low heat until melted. Add chocolate chips.
- Stir until mixed.
- Add vanilla.
- Add oats and almond meal.
- Mix together.
- Drop into a mini muffin tin, or onto a cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Refrigerate any extras in a container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 200 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 93mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g Protein: 6g
**Don’t forget to keep the extra no bake cookies in the refrigerator!!
More Yummy No-Bake Desserts to Try!