Coffee flour is relatively new to the baking scene. If you love coffee, these gluten free coffee flour cookies are something you are going to LOVE.
If you are a cookie-holic like we are, don’t forget to check out all of my popular gluten free cookie recipes on the blog!!
Have you seen the new coffee flour in your Trader Joe’s yet? It is made from the coffee fruit. You may remember when Starbucks recently had their Cascara Latte, it was also made from this coffee fruit. Coffee flour is naturally gluten free!! (Another unusual flour that is naturally gluten free flour is banana flour. Check out these easy paleo banana flour waffles!)
Coffee lovers, it is time to rejoice!
I was so intrigued by the idea of coffee flour. Hello! I love coffee. I knew I had to create something easy and delicious with this new fun healthy flour. Combining the coffee flour and coconut ended up being a great combination!
You will have to let me know how you like this gluten free coffee flour cookie recipe.
What is coffee flour?
You are probably wondering if coffee flour has caffeine. I wondered this too because I wondered if I could eat a lot of these cookies without getting a caffeine buzz. Coffee flour has as much caffeine as dark chocolate. (That being said, I would probably only eat a couple at one sitting.)
What is Coffee Flour Like to Bake With?
I was really surprised at how easy it was to use coffee flour. You use about 3 tablespoons, similarly to using cocoa powder in a recipe. These cookies have the same texture as a regular cookie and have a delicious taste. Drop me a note below and let me know what you think!
Is Coffee Flour Healthy?
Coffee flour is high in fiber and full of potassium (13% more than a banana!) Because it isn’t processed at a high heat like coffee beans, the coffee fruit retains its antioxidants and health benefits. Coffee flour is also high in iron.
You can buy coffee flour at your local Trader Joe’s, or online.
More Delicious Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Compost Cookies
- Gluten Free Vanilla Crescent Cookies
- Gluten Free Grilled Banana Whoopie Pies
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A durable cookie scoop. This one has lasted the longest for me.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes. Coconut works really well with the slightly fruity/molasses coffee flour flavor.
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 3 tablespoons coffee flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter, +1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients, including the shredded coconut. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the cookies are done.
Pamela's Products Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend, 4 Pound
Organic Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened) 2 Pounds by Anthony's, Batch Tested Gluten-Free, (2lb)
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 133 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 157mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 2g
Even More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes to Try