Coffee flour is relatively new to the baking scene and it is naturally gluten free! If you love coffee, these gluten free coffee flour cookies are something you are going to LOVE.
If you are a cookie-holic like we are, don't forget to check out all of my popular gluten free cookie recipes on the blog!!
Have you seen the new coffee flour in your Trader Joe's yet? It is made from coffee fruit. You may remember when Starbucks recently had their Cascara Latte, it was also made from this coffee fruit. Coffee flour is naturally gluten free!! If your Trader Joe's doesn't carry it, you can also order coffee flour.
Another unusual flour that is naturally gluten free flour is banana flour. Have you seen it yet? Check out these delicious paleo banana flour waffles made with banana flour!
I was so intrigued by the idea of coffee flour. Hello! I love coffee. I knew I had to create something easy and delicious with this new fun healthy flour. Combining the coffee flour and coconut ended up being a great combination!
What is coffee flour?
You are probably wondering if coffee flour has caffeine. I wondered this too because I wondered if I could eat a lot of these cookies without getting a caffeine buzz. Coffee flour has as much caffeine as dark chocolate. (That being said, I would probably only eat a couple at one sitting.)
I was really surprised at how easy it was to use coffee flour. You use about 3 tablespoons, similarly to using cocoa powder in a recipe. These cookies have the same texture as a regular cookie and have a delicious taste. Drop me a note below and let me know what you think!
If you can't find coffee flour and want something with that delicious coffee flavor, you can make my Gluten Free Chocolate Espresso Cookies :-).
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Coffee flour is high in fiber and full of potassium (13% more than a banana!) Because it isn't processed at a high heat like coffee beans, the coffee fruit retains its antioxidants and health benefits. Coffee flour is also high in iron.
You can buy coffee flour at Trader Joe's, Amazon, and Nuts.com
Coffee flour has a little bit of caffeine, but much less than a cup of coffee.
These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Allow the cookies to completely cool then gently place them into a freezer zip style baggie. Freeze flat.
More Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Rum Raisin Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Sables
- Gluten Free Vanilla Crescent Cookies
- Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons
Gluten Free Coffee Flour Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup shredded coconut Unsweetened
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- 3 tablespoons coffee flour * see note
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup melted butter +1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients, including the shredded coconut. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the cookies are done.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- You can buy coffee flour at Trader Joe's, Amazon, and Nuts.com.
- Use dairy-free butter to make these cookies dairy-free.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)