Coffee flour is relatively new to the baking scene.
If you love coffee, these gluten-free coffee flour cookies are something you are going to LOVE.
Have you seen the new coffee flour in your Trader Joe’s yet? It is made from coffee fruit. You may remember when Starbucks recently had their Cascara Latte, it was also made from this coffee fruit. Coffee flour is naturally gluten-free!! (Another unusual flour that is naturally gluten-free flour is banana flour. Check out these easy paleo banana flour waffles!)
Coffee lovers, it is time to rejoice!
I was so intrigued by the idea of coffee flour. Hello! I love coffee. I knew I had to create something easy and delicious with this new fun healthy flour. Combining the coffee flour and coconut ended up being a great combination!
You will have to let me know how you like this gluten-free coffee flour cookie recipe.
What the heck is coffee flour?
You are probably wondering if coffee flour has caffeine. I wondered this too because I wondered if I could eat a lot of these cookies without getting a caffeine buzz. Coffee flour has as much caffeine as dark chocolate. (That being said, I would probably only eat a couple at one sitting.)
What is Coffee Flour Like to Bake With?
I was really surprised how easy it was to use coffee flour. You use about 3 tablespoons, similarly to using cocoa powder in a recipe. These cookies have the same texture as a regular cookie and have a delicious taste. Drop me a note below and let me know what you think!
Coffee Flour is Healthy Flour
Coffee flour is high in fiber and full of potassium (13% more than a banana!) Because it isn’t processed at a high heat like coffee beans, the coffee fruit retains its antioxidants and health benefits. Coffee flour is also high in iron.
You can buy coffee flour at your local Trader Joe’s, or online.
More Delicious Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Compost Cookies
- Gluten Free Vanilla Crescent Cookies
- Gluten Free Grilled Banana Whoopie Pies
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A durable cookie scoop. This one has lasted the longest for me.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes. Coconut works really well with the slightly fruity/molasses coffee flour flavor.
- My very favorite gluten-free flour blend.
How to make gluten-free coffee flour cookies:
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 3 tablespoons coffee flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter, +1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients, including the shredded coconut. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the cookies are done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: cookie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 146 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 124mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 14g Protein: 1g
Even More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes to Try