You will be hooked when you bite into this mouthwatering, gluten-free Instant Pot Taco Pasta! This quick and easy dinner is super even faster when made in your Instant Pot. If you don't have an Instant Pot, no worries; I include stovetop directions, too.
My son came to me with the idea that we should start making casserole-style dinners with lots of leftovers. Teens eat a lot, and leftovers make it so easy to get a meal really quickly. If you love leftovers too, try making this Mexican Lasagna recipe.
I was immediately on board because of several reasons. For one, it means less work for me. Also, we can feel great about implementing this idea because the kids eat HEALTHY foods instead of snacking.
What I love about this dish is its easy to make and that it seriously tastes like a million bucks! Every bite is scrumptious and leaves you wanting the next one. Plus, it’s a taco, so that tells you right there it has to be amazing!
If you love easy dinner recipes, you will want to check out all of my family-friendly gluten free dinner recipes.
This recipe is gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free, and nut-free. To make this recipe dairy-free, use a plant-based cheese.
For this recipe, I used my 8 quart Instant Pot. I use the larger size because it helps me make a lot of food so that we have leftovers. If you have a smaller family or picky eaters who don't like leftovers, you can easily use a smaller one.
Perfect al dente gluten free pasta, black beans with tomato, diced green chiles, onion, cheese, and taco seasoning go beautifully together. The ingredients combine into a delicious flavor explosion.
- Gluten free pasta - I love using Tinkyada or Jovial Gluten Free Pasta in this recipe because they seem to hold up to cooking in the Instant Pot better.
- Ground beef - I used 90% lean ground beef. Feel free to use ground chicken or turkey if you want this chicken taco pasta to be lower in fat.
- Taco seasoning - There are many brands of taco seasoning. Always make sure to check the ingredients to ensure yours is gluten free.
- Chicken broth - I use low-sodium chicken broth, but either type is fine to use.
- Black beans - Canned black beans are fine; just be sure to rinse them first.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Add oil, ground meat, onion, and pepper to the Instant Pot. Cook on Sauté for 8 minutes until the meat is browned.
Step 2: Add the taco seasoning, beans, and diced tomatoes. Mix well.
Step 3: Pour in the chicken broth and add the pasta. Stir so that all of the pasta is submerged in the broth.
Step 4: Close and lock the Instant Pot. Cook on manual for 6 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 8 minutes to pressurize before it cooks. When it is done cooking, allow the steam to vent out the nozzle. Open when the steam is done venting out.
Step 5: Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and mix well. Serve in bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Stovetop Taco Pasta Directions:
- Add your ground beef, onion, pepper, and light oil in a large pot, and cook for 5-8 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning, and bring to a boil.
- Add the gluten free pasta and black beans and cook 8-10 minutes until the pasta is done cooking. Every pasta brand has different cooking times, so check the box directions.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
I think the thicker rice pasta like Jovial and Tinkyada work best in the Instant Pot.
The best way to keep the pasta al dente is to cook the pasta for a short amount of time.
This taco pasta will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Store in an airtight container.
You can freeze it, but you probably shouldn't because freezing the gluten free pasta will make it turn to mush when you reheat it. The texture of this recipe will be very different when thawed out.
The best way to reheat this dish is to use a microwave-safe container. Make sure to put a paper towel over it while it is heated so it doesn't explode in the microwave.
If you are new to gluten free, you might want to check out my guide: How To Eat Gluten Free and My Best Gluten Free Diet Tips.
More Instant Pot recipes:
If you love this gluten free taco pasta recipe, you should see some of these other delicious gluten free Instant Pot recipes:
- This Instant Pot Chicken Stew is a hearty delicious meal that uses up the veggies you have on-hand.
- The whole family loves this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe.
- My Grandma's recipe converted easily to cooking in an Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls recipe is a deconstructed version.
- If you love the ease of one-pot meals, you will want to try this One Pot Italian Pasta too!
Gluten Free Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef *see note
- 4 cups gluten free pasta * see note
- ⅓ cup onion diced
- ½ cup bell pepper chopped
- 14 ounce can black beans rinsed
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons diced canned green chiles
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- optional sour cream and fresh cilantro
- Add the oil, ground meat, onion, and pepper to the Instant Pot. Cook on Sauté for 8 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the taco seasoning, beans, diced tomatoes. Mix well.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add the pasta. Stir so that all of the pasta is submerged in the broth.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot. Cook on manual for 6 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before it cooks. When it is done cooking, allow the steam to vent out the nozzle. Open when the steam is done venting out.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and mix well. Serve in bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
To cook stovetop:
- Brown the meat, onion, pepper, and oil in a pot for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and green chiles and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and beans. Stir and cook for 8-10 minutes until your pasta is done. (Note different brands of pasta take different times to cook so please check the box instructions.)
- Stir in the cheese.
- Serve hot.
- Feel free to use any ground meat. To make this recipe low fat, use ground chicken or turkey.
- Most taco seasoning is gluten free but always check the labels. I like Siete, Thrive, Trader Joe's, and McCormick brands.
- I highly recommend Jovial gluten free or Tinkyada gluten free pasta brands. They seem to hold up a lot better cooking in the Instant Pot better than other brands.
- This gluten free taco pasta will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!