If you are looking for a delicious, kid-friendly salmon dinner recipe, this easy air fryer salmon is a winner! From the first bite, you will taste the flavors of the tangy honey garlic marinade. Even your picky eaters will love it.
Every time I use my air fryer I am reminded how easy and quickly it can cook a meal! This air fryer salmon recipe is no exception! This fish turns out moist and delicious with slightly crisp edges!
Even my picky one loved this recipe. The honey, garlic, and tamari flavors blended together perfectly making this recipe both gluten free and dairy-free!
If you love seafood, you will also want to check out these 50 popular Gluten Free Seafood Recipes.
I include easy directions to cook this salmon with honey and garlic both in the air fryer, cooked on the grill, and baked in the oven. This way those without an air fryer can also enjoy this flavorful recipe.
Why this salmon recipe is so good:
My favorite thing about this new recipe is not only the flavor, but it cooks in only 10 minutes! This tender salmon with honey and garlic is speedy and perfect for those busy weeknights!
Cooking salmon in your air fryer is so easy with my step-by-step directions! I am here anytime you have questions, just leave a comment or send me a message via the contact me page. If you really enjoy making salmon, my Grilled Coho Salmon recipe is also great!
What you need to make this recipe:
- Salmon - You can use any cut of salmon you like (a filet, pieces, or a whole fish split open. I prefer using wild salmon to farmed.
- Tamari - You can use tamari, coconut aminos, or gluten free soy sauce. They all have pretty much the same flavor, though the coconut aminos have a little more natural sweetness. Any you choose will be delicious in this honey and garlic salmon recipe.
- Honey - There is no need to use a fancy expensive honey. Just make sure it is 100% honey and has no corn syrup added.
- Garlic - Minced, chopped, or smushed is fine.
- Light oil - You want to use a light oil or coconut oil. I do NOT recommend olive oil as it doesn't tolerate cooking heat very well.
I absolutely love using my air fryer. I have a Ninja Foodi 8 qt and a Corsori (it is a small 3.4 qt size so you may need to cook in two rounds with this smaller air fryer). I cooked 4 salmon filets and they definitely all fit in the Nina Foodi. If you haven't tried an air fryer, I highly recommend it for this Ninja Foodi Salmon recipe!
Step by step recipe directions:
This air fryer salmon recipe is best when you marinate it in my honey garlic marinade. This honey garlic sauce makes this salmon taste incredible.
Step 1: Add your marinade ingredients to a bowl. Whisk to blend.
Step 2: Lay your salmon out in a dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Pour the marinade over the salmon. Let your salmon marinate a minimum of 30 minutes.
If you are planning to marinate the salmon with the honey garlic marinade overnight, use a ziplock-style bag so the salmon doesn't dry out. Add your salmon pieces and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and place it in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Spray oil on the bottom of the air fryer. Place your marinated salmon in the air fryer. Spray oil over the salmon and close the air fryer.
Step 4: Air fry your salmon for 10 minutes at 365º F.
Step 5: Carefully remove the salmon with a plastic spatula. (Don't use metal because you can scratch the non-stick surface.
Step 6: Serve it up with one of your favorite side dishes. Here are a few of my favorites:
If you love marinated fish, give my delicious Miso Glazed Cod recipe a try too!
Oven baked directions:
To oven bake the honey garlic salmon, follow the marinating directions above. Preheat your oven to 365º F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper, or spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
Place the marinated salmon in a shallow baking pan. Bake the salmon for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
For my recipe, you do not need to flip the salmon. It cooks perfectly on just one side.
Technically you could air fryer frozen salmon, but it will not taste that great. The reason my recipe is so good is the marinade soaks into the salmon. If the fish is frozen, the marinade will not absorb into the fish. The extra water from the frozen salmon will make your salmon a little mushy.
It depends on how large your salmon filets are, and how thick they are. Mine took 10 minutes.
You can cook your salmon in foil in the air fryer, but the air will not be able to circulate around the fish as well.
This salmon should keep fresh up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Store it in an air-tight container.
We are big seafood lovers here at the Fearless Dining home. If your family likes seafood too, here are all of my gluten free seafood recipes.
More delicious seafood recipes:
Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- 1 pound salmon filets
- ⅓ cup honey * see note
- ¼ cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Optional: mustard seeds
- Add your marinade ingredients to a bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Lay your salmon out in a dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Pour the marinade over the salmon. Let your salmon marinate a minimum of 30 minutes.
- If you are planning to marinate the salmon with the honey garlic marinade overnight, use a ziplock-style bag so the salmon doesn't dry out. Add your salmon pieces and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and place it in the refrigerator.
- Spray oil on the bottom of the air fryer. Place your marinated salmon in the air fryer. Spray oil over the salmon and close the air fryer.
- Air fry your salmon for 10 minutes at 365º F.
- Carefully remove the salmon with a plastic spatula. (Don't use metal because you can scratch the non-stick surface.)
- You can use any cut of salmon, try to get de-boned. I highly recommend using wild salmon. Farmed salmon doesn't have the same rich flavor.
- Use tamari, gluten-free soy sauce, or coconut aminos. They all have roughly the same flavor. Use coconut aminos if you can't have soy.
- This salmon will keep fresh in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free lemon desserts e-cookbook!)