This homemade honey garlic shrimp stir fry is everything you could want in a dish! When you sink your teeth into this easy garlic shrimp recipe, you will be flooded with delicious flavors. Plus, this honey glazed shrimp recipe is naturally gluten free and paleo! So much to love!
You know how hard it can be to find meals your family will eat without complaint. Well, let me say that you won’t have this problem with easy garlic shrimp. Kids and adults go crazy for the flavors in this shrimp dish, and you don’t have to worry because it is made with healthy ingredients.
Even my picky one loves this recipe (though she picks the onions out of the salsa.) I hope you get a chance to give this easy gluten free honey garlic shrimp recipe a try!
My honey garlic prawns are combined with delicious veggies like fresh cherry tomatoes, red onions, mango, and avocados with a honey sauce. Seriously, it is so amazing that it’s going to become a household favorite!
If you like easy dinner recipes, check out all of my family-friendly gluten free dinner recipes, or this easy Shrimp Fra Diavolo recipe.
You can't go wrong, so enjoy when it comes to this honey garlic skillet shrimp recipe.
Why this recipe is great:
This recipe is great because kids love it. It is ready in just minutes and makes a healthy dinner. The honey garlic marinade is full of flavor, making the veggies taste great!
If you love shrimp, you will also want to try this blackened shrimp fajitas recipe too!
What you need to make this recipe:
- Shrimp - you want to get raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp. If you can only find shrimp with the peels and veins, you will need to peel and devein them to make this recipe.
- Coconut aminos - these are very similar to soy sauce. You can also use low-sodium gluten free soy sauce.
Recipe step-by-step directions:
Step 1: Mix up the honey garlic marinade. Add all of the marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend. Let this marinade sit while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
Step 2: Add the raw shrimp and marinade in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator. Allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
Step 3: Let's make the salsa while the shrimp is marinating. Add the diced mango, red onion, and cherry tomatoes into a dish and mix well. Serve with any vegetables you like. This salsa would also taste great on this Pulled Pork Tacos recipe.
Step 4: Cook the honey shrimp stir fry in a cast-iron skillet for 5-7 minutes until cooked.
Step 5: Add cooked vegetables like asparagus and serve with the mango salsa.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp. If you don’t have fresh or access to fresh shrimp, don’t worry! Just defrost the frozen shrimp in the refrigerator overnight.
If you are in a hurry, you can fill a bowl with cold water and place the shrimp inside. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and check them to see if they are thawed.
Yes, you can make honey garlic shrimp spicy! (You know I love spicy!!) The marriage of sweetness and spice is out of this world! Follow the instructions as directed, but add a few red pepper flakes and some sriracha when cooking. Make sure to only add a little bit and increase it if you want it to be spicier. You can’t fix it if you make too hot, so less is more.
Store leftover honey garlic shrimp in an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you notice any overly fishy odors, visible mold, or any kind of odd texture, then it has started to go bad and should be discarded right away.
Additionally, you can freeze the shrimp for 3-6 months in a freezer-safe container. If it has been cooked, the texture may be a little tougher after you thaw it out than eating it freshly cooked.
Side dish ideas:
Now that you have decided to make this gluten free honey garlic shrimp recipe, you might not be sure what to make with it. Here are some simple and tasty ideas to get you started:
- Rice - This dish tastes phenomenal over a big bed of fluffy rice!
- Asian Noodles - Garlic shrimp paired with Asian noodles is a match made in food heaven.
- Broccoli - Serve with a large helping of steamed broccoli. Yum!
- Salad - You can never go wrong with serving a salad.
I changed it up and only used the marinade with the shrimp, I then added roasted broccoli to it. It was fantastic!"Leigh G.
More gluten free dinner ideas:
- Mardi Gras Jambalaya Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Dijon Mustard Pork Tenderloin With Baked Potato
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Grilled Pork Ribs
Quick and Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp
For the honey garlic shrimp marinade
- 1 pound shrimp⠀⠀⠀⠀ * see note
- ⅓ cup honey⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- ¼ cup coconut aminos * see note
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tablespoon olive oil⠀
For the honey garlic shrimp bowls
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ mango chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Whisk the marinade together, pour over shrimp so that they are immersed in the liquid, put in the fridge for 30 minutes. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Drain and reserve the marinade from the shrimp.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade and cook for a few minutes each side in a greased skillet.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Cook the marinade only for 5-7 minutes in a skillet, then add the cooked shrimp and stir well to coat them.
Make honey garlic shrimp bowls:
- Prepare and cook the shrimp as detailed above.
- make the simple salsa with the red onion, mango, and cherry tomatoes
- serve shrimp with the salsa and any other vegetables you like to make a bowl.
- I love to use coconut aminos in this recipe, but you can substitute low-sodium gluten free soy sauce or tamari in this recipe.
- Try to use peeled and deveined raw shrimp to help save prep time.
- These honey garlic shrimp will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free lemon dessert e-cookbook!)
I tried this last night and absolutely loved it. I will definitely be making this again because it's so delicious.
I am so glad you loved it Lesli. Thank you!
I conNot find the instructions fOr the marinade
Hi Diane, It was a little confusing the way the recipe card showed it. I changed the data a little so the components are more clearly labeled
I love all things shrimp! Can't wait to try this recipe!
I hope you like it as much as we do 🙂
Love all the detailed instructions and tips for preparing this succulent dish.
I am so glad it is helpful Beth 🙂
This looks and sounds so flavorful and delicious! That marinade...!
Thank you so much Jenni!!