If you love cheese and potatoes, wait until you try this speedy Instant Pot Potato Cheese Casserole. This gluten free potato casserole recipe is ready in just 20 minutes from start to finish. Your whole family will be hooked after just one bite!
Get ready for fun because I have a TON of delicious gluten free side dish recipes on my blog. Potatoes make a popular side dish and they go beautifully with most dinners!
Click for Table of Contents:
(*This post is sponsored by the Idaho® Potato Commission. All delicious mouthwatering opinions are my own.)
You are going to love how easy it is to make this au gratin style potato casserole in an Instant Pot! Dinner doesn't get any faster than when you can cook in your Instant Pot! or pressure cooker!
Before I get into making this recipe, I want to talk about the main ingredient of this recipe, Idaho® russet potatoes. You know me and I create a LOT of delicious potato side dish recipes for the blog. Potatoes are versatile, can be used in so many types of recipes, and my kids love them! (Even my picky one!!)
Check out my delicious recipes featuring Idaho® Potatoes:
- Crazy good Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese!
- This Sloppy Joe Mashed Potato Pie is popular with the kids.
- These Gluten Free Air Fryer Latkes are so good with half the fat of fried.
- This one is for my hatch chile fans...this Spicy Funeral Potatoes with Hatch Chiles side dish is hard to resist.
- Roux free, thick and creamy, this Gluten Free Clam Chowder in Potato Bowls will disappear quickly.
Potatoes pack a nutritional punch! Did you know just one potato can supply 45% of your Vitamin C for the day? They even have more potassium than a banana. What isn't to love?
I decided to change things up with this recipe a bit and incorporate soft goat cheese in the recipe. The goat cheese adds a bit of zing to the cheese sauce. Add in Litehouse freeze-dried spices and you get a powerful flavor combination! Believe it or not, even my picky one loved this easy gluten free potato recipe!
Serve it with:
Almost everything goes with potatoes! Try one of these mouthwatering gluten free entrés! The possibilities are endless!
- If you love chicken, try either this Gluten Free Oven-Fried Chicken or Gluten Free Fried Chicken
- Grilling is the best way to cook these Grilled Pork Chops with an Ollalieberry Sauce!
- If you love seafood, this Easy Grilled Coho Salmon is perfect for a cookout!
Are you ready to give this easy Instant Pot casserole a try?
Use a mandolin slicer to slice your potatoes really thinly.
My favorite potato for this recipe is the Idaho® Russet Potato. Idaho® Red Potatoes and Idaho® Gold Potatoes are also delicious in this recipe!
Spread some avocado oil around the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add layers of Idaho® potato slices along the bottom and layer with salt and Litehouse chives and garlic. Keep building up the layers until you use all of the potatoes.
Add the cream, water, and goat cheese. Close the Instant Pot and cook on manual for 10 minutes. Use the quick release to let the pressure out.
Spoon the cooked potatoes into a casserole dish. Top with mozzarella and chives. Broil for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Can you make this recipe in an oven?
You can easily make this gluten free potato casserole recipe without an Instant Pot or pressure cooker. You will want to add the sauce ingredients (cream, seasonings, and goat cheese to a small pan and simmer on low until the cheeses are all melted and it bubbles.)
Add the sliced potatoes to a casserole dish and pour the cheese sauce on top of the potatoes. Bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes until the potatoes are softening. Remove from the oven and add the mozzarella cheese and chives on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Test to make sure your potatoes are soft.
Baking time will vary by if you used a mandolin slicer or if you sliced by hand. Thicker potato slices will take longer to bake.
Can you serve this without broiling cheese on top?
You can definitely make this potato casserole without broiling the cheese on top if you are trying to save time.
Can I freeze this casserole?
This Instant Pot Potato Cheese Casserole can easily be frozen. Place it in a freezer-safe dish and seal it. To thaw, remove from the freezer and you can either microwave it or heat it back up in your oven by placing it into an oven-safe dish. Bake at 350F degrees until bubbly.
How long will it last in the refrigerator?
This potato casserole will keep for 4 days in your refrigerator...but with melty cheese, expect it to disappear way before that!
- 6 Idaho® russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Litehouse chives
- 1 teaspoon Litehouse garlic
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Use a mandolin slicer to slice the potatoes.
- Drizzle avocado oil on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add potatoes to the bottom of the Instant Pot, building layers. Add seasoning between the layers.
- Continue until you use all of the potato slices.
- Top with goat cheese and pour in the sauce.
- Close the lid and cook on manual for 10 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and put into a casserole dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and chives.
- Broil 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
**If your gluten free flour blend doesn't include Xanthan Gum, please add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon! **Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.