If you are trying to cut back on fats, why not try these delicious gluten free chicken burgers? These ground chicken burgers are packed with flavor! Topped with caramelized onions and hatch green chiles, this chicken burger pairs deliciously with Moscato.
Need some easy gluten free dinner recipes? I have some absolutely easy delicious gluten free chicken recipes on the blog that your whole family will love.
(*This post was sponsored by CK Mondavi and Family. All delicious opinions and pairing ideas are my own.)
I am excited to bring you another delicious pairing with the wines from CK Mondavi and Family!! CK Mondavi makes delicious wines and I am excited to tell you about their limited-quantity, seasonal series. If you love a sweeter wine, wait until you try their Sunset Sweet Red Blend and their Moscato.
If you want to learn how to fire-roast your hatch chiles, you will love this easy tutorial on how to fire-roast hatch chiles. You will want to fire-roast your chiles before adding them to the caramelized onions!
You can check out all of my previous pairings…you are guaranteed to find a delicious new recipe :-).
- Gluten Free Strawberry Bars paired with CK Mondavi Chardonnay.
- Gluten Free Eggnog Crinkle Cookies paired with CK Mondavi Chardonnay.
- Grilled Grain-Free Pizzas paired with CK Mondavi Pinot Grigio.
- One Pan Lemon Chicken paired with CK Mondavi Chardonnay.
- Roasted Herb Chicken paired with CK Mondavi Merlot.
Are you ready to grill some burgers?
How to make grilled ground chicken burgers:
First, slice your onions thinly. Heat a pan on the stove on medium heat. Add avocado oil and the onions. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes, occasionally stirring until the onions turn golden brown and are caramelized and sweet.
(*Note that onions shrink as they caramelize so you need to use more onion than you may think.
Add the roasted hatch chiles and simmer 5 minutes. (*Because hatch chiles can be very spicy, I dice mine into small pieces.)
In a bowl, add your ground chicken, an egg, panko, and spices. Mix well. Preheat your grill to 350F degrees.
Shape the burgers into patties.
Place on the grill and cook until the burgers have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove from the heat and top with the caramelized onions and hatch green chiles.
If you love grilling burgers, give these Grilled Lamb Burgers recipe a try too!
Best ways to cook ground chicken burgers?
We are huge burger fanatics! We typically grill our burgers on the grill, it means a lot less clean up! You can also cook burgers by baking them in the oven or cooking them stovetop. You can even get a small kitchen grill to cook your burgers. Any way you cook them, CK Mondavi will have a wine to pair!
How do you keep chicken burgers moist?
I keep chicken burgers moist by adding egg and bread crumbs. This helps hold moisture in the burger better.
How can you make this burger recipe not spicy?
It is easy to turn down the heat on these ground chicken burgers by using mild roasted green chiles instead of roasted hatch green chiles.
What goes with ground chicken burgers?
There are lots of side dishes that are delicious with burgers. Try one of these popular gluten free side-dish recipes:
- Even Brussels haters love my Grandma’s Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon recipe.
- Love bacon and potatoes? Give this Roasted Bacon Potato Roses recipe a try!
- These Crispy Baked French Fries have a delicious curry dipping sauce!
- Kids love this easy Kale and Apple Salad.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons fire-roasted hatch chiles or green chiles
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Add avocado oil to a skillet and heat on medium heat.
- Put the sliced onion in the skillet and turn heat down to medium-low. Cook the onion for 10-15 minutes on low heat until the onions brown and caramelize.
- Add the hatch chiles and cook 3 more minutes.
- In a bowl, add the chicken burger ingredients. Mix well.
- Form into patties and grill for 10 minutes until the ground chicken burgers have an internal temperature of 165F degrees.
- Remove from the grill and top with the caramelized onions and hatch chiles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g