This dairy free, paleo matcha green tea chia pudding with coconut makes a wonderful breakfast or snack. Just dump the ingredients into a container and put it into your refrigerator overnight.
Welcome to one of the most popular recipes on my site right now! I just wanted to say hello and invite you to look around my blog, check out some recipes, and let me know what you think :-).
Have you tried chia pudding yet? What about matcha green tea chia pudding?
If you haven’t tried chia pudding, you are missing a wonderful healthy treat. Chia pudding makes a delicious healthy breakfast, or a protein packed snack! I was a little scared of chia pudding at first. It was almost comical….I am sure you can imagine my original thoughts along the lines of eeewww and slimy. This chia pudding recipe will change your mind about those tiny little chia seeds.
You can read about my hesitations and how I became a convert after trying a coconut chia pudding in my post, Cherry Coconut Chia Pudding.
I have been experimenting more and more with matcha green tea powder in my cooking and baking recipes.
Green tea is full of antioxidants, and it even has a small caffeine boost 🙂 .
Many matcha blends are not gluten free. It is important to read the ingredients carefully when buying matcha green tea powder. (NOTE: DO NOT BUY TRADER JOE’s new matcha green tea powder in the canister!! It is full of gluten.)
If you prefer to make your own, it is very easy to make. Just take unsweetened matcha powder and add an extra teaspoon of sugar to your baking. You can also use coconut sugar, but it will change the vibrant green coloring. (3 teaspoons matcha to 1 teaspoon sugar is my favorite ratio. You can mix up a bigger batch and keep it sealed in a container to use as needed.)
Click here to see all of the pudding recipes on this blog.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools To Make This Recipe:
- Glass Container with Sealed Lids: I use these containers all of the time. They are perfect to make chia pudding and overnight oats because they seal up air tight.
- Chia seeds: I prefer organic, but I am that organic freak type of person.
Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
Easy gluten free matcha green tea coconut chia pudding.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder I truly think there are variations in matcha strength depending on the brand. I used Tazo matcha powder for my recipe I truly think there are variations in matcha strength depending on the brand. I used Tazo matcha powder for my recipe which has other stuff mixed in, like sweetener. If you are using pure matcha, start with less then add more if needed.), *note start with oneand add if you want more matcha flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk you can also use almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup lightly sweetened coconut
In a large glass container, add all ingredients.
Put on lid and store in refrigerator overnight.
Stir after the first hour, or before you go to bed.
Stir again before serving.
This recipe is also delicious when you garnish it with sliced almonds and more coconut.
Here is a fun recipe for Green Tea Coconut Cookie Bars
Looking for more matcha recipes? Give this gluten free matcha banana bread a try.
More Breakfast Ideas to Tempt Your Tummy!