Have you tried matcha green tea in your baking? Matcha adds a lovely flavor to these gluten free matcha green tea coconut cookie bars.
These matcha green tea coconut cookie bars are my husband’s new weakness.
Why we love baking with matcha
I bake…a lot. I have a killer sweet tooth. You can see that with all of the dessert recipes on my blog.
My husband usually can resist the temptations (well, sort of.)
This time, I had to chase him out of the kitchen. While these bars were cooling, a corner disappeared from the baking dish.
Then, when I went running a few errands, more of this matcha cake disappeared.
I knew I needed to get photos fast of these before I had nothing left to photograph :-). My whole family loved these gluten free green tea white chocolate cookies…although they firmly believe they are more a cake than cookies!
Matcha Green Tea
If you haven’t baked with matcha green tea powder, give it a try. You will find many matcha recipes call for culinary grade matcha. This means the matcha is super fine so you don’t get a gritty texture to your baked goods.
Many matcha blends are not gluten free. (NOTE: DO NOT BUY TRADER JOE’s new matcha in the can!! It is full of gluten.) It is important to read the ingredients carefully when buying green tea powder.
Mix up your own sweetened matcha
You can make your own, it is very easy to make. Just take unsweetened matcha powder and add an extra teaspoon of sugar to your baking. (3 teaspoons matcha to 1 teaspoon sugar is my favorite ratio. Mix up a bigger batch and keep it sealed in a container to use as needed.)
More Delicious Gluten Free Matcha Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Baked Matcha Donuts
- Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
- Matcha Green Tea Mochi
- Gluten Free Matcha Bundt Cakes
This easy gluten free coconut cake recipe (yes it qualifies as a cake too!) is so easy to make and enjoy anytime. You could even make this gluten free cookie bar recipe without the matcha if you don’t want to include it.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support!)
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil in a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Add coconut, chips, and nuts.
- Stir well.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Baker's Secret 1107173 Signature Square Cake Pan, 8-Inch
Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour Super Fine Grind Gluten Free Cholesterol Free 3lbs
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 325 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 143mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 22g Protein: 6g
More Delicious Cookie Bar Recipes to Try!