Have you tried matcha green tea in your baking? It adds a lovely flavor to these gluten free matcha green tea coconut cookie bars.
These matcha green tea coconut cookie bars are my husband’s new weakness.
I bake…a lot. I have a killer sweet tooth.
My husband usually can resist the temptations (well, sort of.)
This time, I had to chase him out of the kitchen. While these bars were cooling, a corner disappeared from the baking dish.
Then, when I went to run a few errands, more of this matcha cake disappeared.
I knew I needed to get photos fast of these before I had nothing left to photograph :-).
Matcha Green Tea
If you haven’t baked with matcha green tea powder, give it a try. You will find many matcha recipes call for culinary grade matcha. This means the matcha is super fine so you don’t get a gritty texture to your baked goods.
Many matcha blends are not gluten free. (NOTE: DO NOT BUY TRADER JOE’s new matcha in the can!! It is full of gluten.) It is important to read the ingredients carefully when buying green tea powder.
Mix up your own sweetened matcha
You can make your own, it is very easy to make. Just take unsweetened matcha powder and add an extra teaspoon of sugar to your baking. (3 teaspoons matcha to 1 teaspoon sugar is my favorite ratio. Mix up a bigger batch and keep it sealed in a container to use as needed.)
This easy gluten free coconut cake recipe (yes it qualifies as a cake too!) is so easy to make and enjoy anytime. You could even make this gluten free cookie bar recipe without the matcha if you don’t want to include it.
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
How to make gluten free matcha coconut cookie bars:
Easy gluten free matcha green tea coconut cookie bars
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil in a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Add coconut, chips, and nuts.
- Stir well.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Click here to see all of the cookie recipes on this blog.
More Delicious Cookie Bar Recipes to Try!