Wait until you try this easy caramel ice cream you can make without an ice cream maker! If you love ice cream and you want an easy homemade ice cream recipe, it doesn't get any easier than this no-churn caramel ice cream.
It is HOT outside, and I am excited to make homemade ice cream.
If you love ice cream as much as our family, you will want to check out my Guide to Gluten Free Ice Cream, which includes many recipes for ice cream and gluten free cones.
This easy vegetarian gluten free ice cream recipe is perfect for a crowd or an ice cream bar. I plan to make a few flavors for our next pool party. This easy ice cream recipe is SO much better than store-bought ice cream.
Why This Recipe Is Great:
- This creamy ice cream is cold, refreshing, and perfect for a hot summer! This no-churn ice cream recipe is the easiest way to make ice cream from scratch!!
- I couldn't believe how many comments I got from readers who didn't know how easy it can be to make ice cream from scratch.
- Add some flaked sea salt to make homemade salted caramel ice cream.
- All you need is four simple ingredients!
- Heavy Whipping Cream - This is what makes the ice cream so creamy! Do not use half and half.
- Lechera Dulche Le Leche - This is condensed milk that is caramelized. It is what brings the rich caramel flavor and sweetness to this ice cream.
- Vanilla Extract - Use pure vanilla extract. It adds a richer vanilla flavor!
- Chocolate Chips - You can use any chips, including milk chocolate, bittersweet, or dark chocolate chips.
Check out how to make a homemade, no-bake gluten free waffle cone. All you need are frozen gluten free waffles!
- This ice cream is naturally gluten free.
- To make this ice cream dairy-free, use dairy-free caramel, heavy cream, and chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand.)
This Vitamix is one of my favorite kitchen appliances of all time. I use it to make soup, ice cream, sorbet, smoothies, cream sauces, and more. It is quick and powerful. Clean up is also really easy!
Instructions To Make Caramel No-Churn Ice Cream:
Step 1: Add the heavy whipping cream, Lechera, and vanilla to a Vitamix or high-speed blender. Blend until the mixture is thick and creamy, about 30-45 seconds.
I love this container for freezing my ice cream. The lid fits nice and snugly, so you don't end up with freezer-burnt ice cream.
Step 2: Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe ice cream container. I used a bread loaf tin to freeze this ice cream. You can also use plastic containers. (Don't use glass!!) Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the no-churn ice cream mixture
Step 3: Cover the container with plastic wrap. Place it in the freezer and let it freeze for 3-4 hours until solid.
Use an ice cream scoop to serve the caramel ice cream in a cone or bowl...it tastes great both ways! You can also use this ice cream to make Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can use caramel if you can't find La Lachera Dulce le Leche in your local grocery store. Just be sure to read the ingredients label to ensure it is gluten free.
Typically, no-churn ice cream is not made in an ice cream maker. I have not tested this recipe in an ice cream maker.
This ice cream will keep fresh for up to 14 days in the freezer. If you have an air-tight container, it will last up to a month.
More No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes to Try:
- I love to make ice cream in a loaf pan. It stays cold for a long time, so your ice cream doesn't melt as fast.
- Nestle La Lachera Dulce le Leche makes this ice cream burst with caramel flavor!
No-Churn Caramel Chip Ice Cream
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces La Lachera Dulce le Leche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract * see note
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Add the heavy whipping cream, La Lachera, and vanilla to a Vitamix or high-speed blender.
- Blend the no-churn ice cream mixture for 45-60 seconds until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container.
- Top the ice cream with chocolate chips. Cover the container or loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Put the container into the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Scoop into a cone or bowl and enjoy 🙂
- You can make this no-churn ice cream in a Vitamix or high-powered blender.
- Vanilla - Try to find alcohol-free. Trader Joe's has it. You can also use vanilla paste or regular vanilla extract.
- This ice cream will keep fresh for up to 14 days in the freezer.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an old May 2019 post with more information.
Simplifying the art of baking and cooking gluten-free recipes.