This homemade lemon ice cream is the easiest no-churn ice cream recipe to make! Lemon curd not only adds flavor, but a whole new level of creaminess! If you love making no-churn ice cream in your Vitamix or blender, this is a must try recipe!
It is finally summer and our family is going into relaxation mode. It is time to hang out outside and cool off with homemade lemon curd ice cream. If you love easy ice cream recipes as I do, you will want to see all of these amazing no-churn Gluten Free Ice Cream Recipes!
This is the ice cream that everyone is going to hold up their bowls and ask you for seconds. It is creamy with a rich sweet lemon flavor. You won't believe how easy this no-churn lemon ice cream recipe is to make.
All you have to do is dump your ingredients into your Vitamix or blender, then freeze the mixture. I will show you how easy this lemon curd ice cream is to make with this quick video!!
Why this recipe is great:
The beauty of this lemon custard ice cream recipe is the simple base ingredients (heavy cream, condensed milk, and your favorite fillings). You can make this ice cream any flavor, and use any mix-in. It can be chocolate chip, cookie dough, or M&M ice cream. Look in your cabinet and see what you have to mix in.
The ingredients mix up in just seconds, then it is just a few hours in the freezer. No ice cream machine needed to make this lemon ice cream recipe!
If you love lemon curd as we do, then you may like these gluten free dessert recipes. We love these gluten free lemon curd filled cupcakes and they are one of our favorite cupcakes. Lemon curd also works beautifully in between layers of cake-like in this gluten free lemon layer cake.
Ingredients and notes:
- Lemon curd - Lemon curd is creamy and full of delicious lemon flavor. You can buy it in a store, or make your own lemon curd.
- Condensed milk - You can use regular dairy condensed milk or coconut condensed milk.
- Heavy cream- This or whipping cream is fine to use. This is what adds the magic so you have ice cream!
- Lemon zest- Totally optional, some people love it in ice cream, and others don't like the texture of lemon zest.
Step by step directions:
Step 1: Add condensed milk to your Vitamix. (Sorry the picture is a little blurry, I did a screenshot from the video so you could see the steps even if you don't have time to watch the video.)
Step 2: Add the lemon curd, lemon zest, and heavy cream to the Vitamix. Blend on high until the mixture becomes thick.
Step 3: Pour the ice cream mixture into a bread tin.
Step 4: Swirl in more lemon curd on top of the ice cream. Freeze for 2-3 hours until frozen.
Step 5: Scoop the creamy ice cream into a bowl or gluten free cone.
Enjoy!! This gluten free lemon ice cream is thick and creamy and perfect for any time! Top with gluten free sprinkles. Make sure you use gluten free sprinkles as some brands are made on shared equipment with wheat.
Need an easy homemade gluten free cone for your ice cream? Here is an easy tutorial to make your own Gluten Free Waffle Cones. My son came up with this genius idea, and it is an easy NO mess ice cream cone recipe that anyone can make.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Lemon curd is a thick lemon custard made with eggs. You can make it from scratch or buy it in a jar. Trader Joe's sells a really good lemon curd as do many grocery stores.
No-churn is a short cut to making homemade ice cream. It means you do not have to use an ice cream maker to churn your ice cream. The Vitamix or blender does some of this for you, making no-churn ice cream a much faster way to make ice cream.
I have not tested this recipe dairy-free, but I know many use very cold canned full fat coconut milk instead of heavy cream to make no-churn ice cream. Also use condensed coconut milk instead of regular condensed milk.
If you keep the ice cream covered, this no-churn ice cream should keep fresh (no freezer burn) for up to a month in the freezer.
More delicious no-churn ice cream recipes:
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
No-Churn Lemon Curd Ice Cream
- 2 pints heavy cream
- ½ cup lemon curd
- 11.25 ounces coconut condensed milk * see note
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd to swirl on top
- Add all of the ingredients to a Vitamix or blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds until it is thick.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and swirl the remaining lemon curd over the top. Freeze for 2+ hours.
- Optional: Add lemon zest to the Vitamix or blender to add more lemon flavor.
- You can use regular or coconut condensed milk.
- This ice cream will keep up to a month in the freezer. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn.
- If you top with sprinkles, make sure to use gluten free sprinkles.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
(**Note, this post was updated from an older May 2017 post.)