Wait until you try this easy caramel ice cream that you can make without an ice cream maker! If you love ice cream, and you want an easy homemade ice cream recipe, it doesn't get any easier than this no-churn caramel ice cream.
It is HOT outside and I am so excited to make some homemade ice cream.
If you love ice cream as much as our family, you will want to check out my Guide to Gluten Free Ice Cream, which includes tons of recipes for ice cream and gluten free cones.
This easy vegetarian gluten free ice cream recipe is perfect for a crowd, or an ice cream bar. I plan to make a few flavors for our next pool party. This easy ice cream recipe is SO much better than store-bought ice cream.
Why This Recipe Is Great:
- This creamy ice cream is cold and refreshing, and perfect for a hot summer day! This no-churn ice cream recipe is the easiest way to make ice cream from scratch!!
- I couldn't believe how many comments I got from readers who didn't know how easy it can be to make ice cream from scratch.
- You can even add some flaked sea salt to make homemade salted caramel ice cream.
- All you need is four simple ingredients!
- Heavy Whipping Cream - This is what makes the ice cream so creamy! Do not use half and half.
- Lechera Dulche Le Leche - This is condensed milk that is caramelized. It is what brings the rich caramel flavor and sweetness to this ice cream.
- Vanilla Extract - Use pure vanilla extract. It adds a richer vanilla flavor!
- Chocolate Chips - You can use any type of chips including milk chocolate, bittersweet, or dark chocolate chips.
Check out how to make a homemade no-bake gluten free waffle cone. All you need are frozen gluten free waffles!
Instructions To Make Caramel No-Churn Ice Cream:
Step 1: Add the heavy whipping cream, Lechera, and vanilla to a Vitamix or high-speed blender. Blend until the mixture is thick and creamy, about 30-45 seconds.
Step 2: Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container. I used a bread loaf tin to freeze this ice cream. You can also use plastic containers. (Don't use glass!!) Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the no-churn ice cream mixture
Step 3: Cover the container with plastic wrap. Place it in the freezer and let it freeze for 3-4 hours until solid.
Use an ice cream scoop to serve the caramel ice cream into a cone or bowl...it tastes great both ways! You can also use this ice cream to make Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
If you can't find La Lachera Dulce le Leche in your local grocery store, you can use caramel. Just be sure to read the ingredients label to ensure it is gluten free.
Typically no-churn ice cream is not made in an ice cream maker. I have not tested this recipe in an ice cream maker.
If you use a dairy-free caramel, heavy cream, and chocolate chips, you can technically make this ice cream dairy-free.
This ice cream will keep fresh for up to 14 days in the freezer. If you have an air-tight container, it will keep for up to a month.
You can also try this caramel ice cream in this yummy Ombre Milkshake recipe! Kids love it!
More No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes to Try:
This post was updated from an old May 2019 post with more information.
- I love to make ice cream in a loaf pan. It stays cold for a long time so your ice cream doesn't melt as fast.
- Nestle La Lachera Dulce le Leche makes this ice cream burst with caramel flavor!
No-Churn Caramel Chip Ice Cream
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces La Lachera Dulce le Leche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract * see note
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Add the heavy whipping cream, La Lachera, and vanilla to a Vitamix or high-speed blender.
- Blend the no-churn ice cream mixture for 45-60 seconds until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container.
- Top the ice cream with chocolate chips. Cover the container or loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Put the container into the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Scoop into a cone or bowl and enjoy 🙂
- You can make this no-churn ice cream in a Vitamix or high-powered blender.
- Vanilla - Try to find alcohol-free. Trader Joe's has it. You can also use vanilla paste or regular vanilla extract.
- This ice cream will keep fresh for up to 14 days in the freezer.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free lemon dessert e-cookbook!)
I am dairy free & wanted to know if you though canned coconut milk or dairy free cream by Silk could work? Thank you
Hi Elise, I haven't used canned coconut milk in this exact recipe, but I have in another no-churn ice cream recipe. You need to use coconut cream and make sure the can is VERY cold in order for it to whip. I haven't used the silk cream yet.
Every recipe I have tried from I just love! Most people do not even know its Gluten Free!
Wow, thank you so much Lori. I am so glad to help.
We love homemade ice cream! I’m excited to try this out!