This creamy dairy free warm cardamom and coconut rice pudding is the perfect dish to enjoy this fall.
Normally when I wanted rice pudding, I would just go and buy it. That has always been the easy way out.
Up until now, I really didn’t realize how easy it is to make this sweet and creamy treat at home. Rice pudding is the perfect snack. It is gluten free, wheat free, and I made this one dairy free as well.
All you need is cooked rice and a few simple ingredients and you can have that creamy flavor anytime.
Does your family set a special day each week to sit down and enjoy dinner?
I try to do this during the week, but when one person is coming, another is going. One kid is back from volleyball practice or a game, the other is rushing off to fencing. I miss those quality dinners where we all sit down and talk about our day.
Well, we are taking back our family dinner and joining in with the Sunday Supper Movement. Each and every Sunday, our family will sit and enjoy a leisurely meal together. After dinner, we are going to try for a board game, or some other activity we can do together.
And the much needed time to reconnect with each other.
And we are having this incredible warm rice pudding for dessert :-).
This post is my first article for an amazing group of food bloggers who are dedicated to bringing back the family dinner. Sundays are dedicated to home cooked, family dinners. Real quality time with your family. Our school weeks are so busy, kids going to sports, activities, games, etc. It is so hard to sit down as a family at dinnertime. You are going to notice that some recipes in the list below are not gluten free. Many recipes are, many of the recipes can be easily converted to gluten free. The point of this post and The Sunday Supper Movement is more about the family time. You can use any favorite recipe of yours, just take some time each Sunday and enjoy how special family time can be over a meal 🙂
- Drunken Pumpkin Spice Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot Mulled Caramel Apple Sangria by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mexican Atole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Hot Spiked Apple Cider by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Apple Pear Crisp by The Freshman Cook
- Bananas Foster by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Fudge Pudding Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honeycrisp Apple Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins by Desserts Required
- Warm Cardamom and Coconut Rice Pudding by Fearless Dining
Main Dishes and Soups
- Beef Brats and Beans Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Pot Pie with Herbed Biscuits by From Gate to Plate
- Best Ever White Bean and Mushroom Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Braised Venison with Plums by Food Lust People Love
- Butternut Squash Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Pears and Sage by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Carbonnade Flamande by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Classic Italian Meat Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Hearty Chickpea Soup by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Creamy Stove-Top Alfredo with Bacon and Green Beans by Peaceful Cooking
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Curry Debal by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sweet Potato Soup by Healing Tomato
- Easy Zuppa Toscana Soup Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- French Onion Soup by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Gingered Butternut Squash Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Hearty Turkey Lentil Soup by A Gouda Life
- Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup by Party Food and Entertaining
- Mango Habanero Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Oxtail Stew by Nosh My Way
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Red Lentil Soup by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Roasted Squash Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Turkey Enchilada Casserole with Salsa Verde by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker English Roast by Wholistic Woman
- Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy by Feeding Big
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Spice Rubbed Braised Beef by FamFriendsFood
- Spicy Meatball Tortilla Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Chipotle Chili by The Complete Savorist
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Ham by Big Bear’s Wife
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.