This fresh fruity 3 ingredient pineapple sorbet will keep you cool! If you love pineapple, this homemade sorbet recipe is really easy to make. It is so much cheaper than buying store-bought sorbet!
It is summertime! What better way to enjoy summer than with a cold fruity pineapple sorbet?
If you are like me, you don't want to use your oven on hot days. It heats up the whole house. Ice cream and sorbets are so easy to make...and most can be made without even using your stove!
If you are an ice cream fanatic like we are, you are going to want to try this yummy fresh Plum Sorbet too!
Why This Recipe is Great:
- This vegan pineapple sorbet recipe has only 3 ingredients! It is so easy!
- It is a delicious healthy treat that your whole family will love.
- You do not need a fancy ice cream maker.
- Pineapple is a naturally sweet fruit, and when made into sorbet, it can be a great alternative to ice cream or other desserts that may contain added sugars.
- This pineapple sorbet tastes a lot like Dole Pineapple Whip if you blend it longer!
- Pineapple sorbet has a refreshing, tropical taste that can be perfect for hot summer days or after a heavy meal.
This was easier to make than I thought. Everyone loved it.Cathy S., Pinterest
- Pineapple - Use ripe pineapple. See the FAQ below to see how to know if a pineapple in the store is ripe.
- Lime Juice - This adds
- Water - You do not need much, but this helps with the smoothness.
This sorbet is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo. This is completely optional, but I used a tablespoon of honey to sweeten mine because the pineapple I used wasn't as ripe as I wanted.
- You can substitute lemon or fresh orange juice if you don't have a lime.
- If you want to sweeten this recipe, you can use honey or agave nectar.
This Vitamix is one of my favorite kitchen appliances of all time. I use it to make soup, ice cream, sorbet, smoothies, cream sauces, and more. It is quick and powerful. Clean up is also really easy!
How To Make Fresh Pineapple Sorbet:
Step 1: Place the pineapple on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to remove the rind from the pineapple carefully. You can also use this inexpensive pineapple corer if you prefer.
Step 2: Place the cut pineapple into a Vitamix, Blendtec, or another high-speed blender.
Step 3: Add the lime juice and water to the blender. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth in texture and frothy.
Step 4: Pour the thick mixture into a bread loaf tin or this awesome freezer-safe ice cream container, and freeze for 3-4 hours.
Step 5: When the mixture is frozen, use a large ice cream scoop to serve the pineapple sorbet. That is it, super easy!
How To Store Pineapple Sorbet:
Pineapple sorbet can keep fresh in your freezer for up to 3 months. It is important to store the sorbet in an air-tight container to avoid it getting freezer burned.
Yes!! You can use any fruit you like. Some of my favorite fruit sorbets include strawberry, mango, and watermelon with fresh mint.
You can use frozen fruit or fresh fruit to make sorbet, but if you add frozen fruit to your Vitamix or blender, you will need to add a little water to blend smoothly.
Ice cream is made with milk or a non-dairy milk substitute, whereas sorbet is primarily made from fresh fruit.
Yes, you can use canned pineapple. I recommend that you use one packed in juice and not sweetened with syrup.
Where Do You Get Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones?
I found these gluten free cones by a company called Let's Do Gluten Free. They come in a bright green box. They also make gluten free sugar cones.These are available online, but I am finding more and more grocery stores are starting to carry gluten free cones.
You can also make your own waffle cones with this handy, super DIY, easy method that my son created. These waffle cones are crispy and delicious...not to mention kids like it when they can make them!
More Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes:
- Lemon Curd Ice Cream - Thick, creamy, and full of sweet lemon flavor.
- Caramel Chip Ice Cream - Caramel and chocolate chips taste delicious together.
- Earl Grey Ice Cream - If you love this popular flavor of tea, you will love it in ice cream form.
Easy 3 Ingredient Pineapple Sorbet
- 1 pineapple rind and core removed
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Add fruit, water, and lime juice into a Vitamix or blender.
- Mix until it's liquid.
- Pour into a freezer safe dish.
- (I used a metal loaf pan)
- Freeze for 2-3 hours until frozen.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an old April 2018 post with a lot more information, so you can easily make this recipe at home!
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!