You are going to love this simple vegan creamsicle smoothie. Fresh oranges and creamy vanilla combine to make a smoothie worthy of not only drinking, but you can make popsicles out of this too!
This delicious vegan orange creamsicle smoothie has only 4 ingredients, and it is ready in just a few minutes! If you prefer a smoothie bowl, this easy Strawberry Smoothie Bowl recipe is also awesome!
Kids will love this easy smoothie recipe. Add protein powder for an extra boost of nutrition! If you love smoothies as much as we do, check out all of my delicious gluten free smoothie recipes.
Why This Recipe is Great:
You will LOVE how easy this vegan smoothie is to make. You only need 4 simple ingredients. We have lots of fresh oranges in our fruit bowl right now.
Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend on high speed until thick and creamy. For a protein boost, you will want to try this Collagen Protein, it is flavorless and adds a nice creaminess to this smoothie recipe.
If you can find fresh papaya, these Papaya Smoothies are full of tropical flavor!
- Oranges - Feel free to use any kind of oranges including blood orange or cara cara!
- Honey - Any honey is good. There is no need to use expensive honey for this smoothie recipe.
- Optional protein powder - I like to use Orgain, Great Lakes Collagen Protein, or Garden of Life. Always check the labels to make sure the ones you choose are gluten free!
- Milk - You can use any milk or non-dairy milk. I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
This Vitamix is one of my favorite kitchen appliances of all time. I use it to make soup, ice cream, sorbet, smoothies, cream sauces, and more. It is quick and powerful. Clean up is also really easy!
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Peel and chop your oranges. Remember to remove any seeds!
Step 2: Depending on how good your blender in, many find it easier to whip the honey into the milk. The honey can stick to the sides of your blender and not mix into the smoothie well.
If you are using a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or NutriBullet, you can add the honey directly with the other ingredients.
Step 3: Add the almond or another non-dairy milk to the blender. Optional: Add a gluten free protein powder or collagen powder for a protein boost!
Step 4: Add some ice cubes. Put the lid on and blend for 45 seconds until blended.
More Easy Smoothie Recipes:
If you love smoothies as much as we do, here are some more of my kids' favorite smoothie recipes. You will want to try this Avocado Smoothie Bowl, this Antioxidant Smoothie, or this Blueberry Spinach Smoothie.
Easy Paleo Creamsicle Smoothie
- 4 small oranges peeled
- 1 cup almond milk * see note
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey * see note
- Add the oranges, vanilla, honey, and almond milk to the blender. Add optional protein powder.
- Snap the lid on and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add ice and blend on crush setting.
- I used almond milk but other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- Optional: add in protein powder. I like to use Orgain, Great Lakes (collagen protein), or Garden of Life brands. Always check the label to ensure your protein powder is gluten free!
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!