These moist and delicious gluten free lemon yogurt cakes are full of fresh lemon flavor, making them perfect for dessert. If you haven't tried a yogurt cake recipe yet, you are in for a real treat!
If you love lemons like we do, you will want to check out the Best Gluten Free Lemon Desserts on the blog too!
Click for Table of Contents:
If you love lemons, these decorative gluten free lemon yogurt cakes are for you. Anytime you combine lemon and yogurt, you get a treat!
If you have been following my blog, you know we have a big lemon tree. We are lucky to have fresh lemons almost year round, but this time of year is rough. We have had a ton of rain. Because of this, our lemons are about the size of small grapefruits! This is good and bad.
Our poor lemon tree branches get so heavy, they break off from our tree if we don't stay on top of picking the lemons. We can't give the lemons away easily, all of our neighbors have full lemon trees!
We hope you love these gluten free lemon yogurt cakes as much as we did!"
Aren't these yogurt cakes pretty? You can use Greek yogurt, or whole plain yogurt and your gluten free lemon cakes will stay moist. (I suspect a dairy free yogurt, like coconut yogurt will also work well in this cake.)
I used the cutest little mini bundt cake pans to make this lemon cake recipe. Feel free to use a larger bundt cake pan, or even a springform pan. Also, don't forget to increase the baking time if you make one large gluten free lemon cake.
(Here is a similar recipe example, a Gluten Free Turkish Yogurt Fig Cake that I baked in a springform pan.)
See how creamy and moist this cake is! It is totally irresistible!
The first step is to whip up egg whites at high speed.
How do you know when the egg whites are whipped?
Your egg whites are ready when they form stiff peaks.
Add the egg whites to your lemon yogurt cake batter. Add to your greased bundt pans or springform pan.
More Delicious Gluten Free Lemon Recipes to Try:
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- dash salt
- 8 ounces yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk flour and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Whisk egg yolks and melted coconut oil together in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the milk, yogurt, lemon juice and zest into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the flour and sugar and whisk to blend.
- Add the egg whites to a mixing bowl. Mix on high speed until they form stiff white peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon cake batter.
- Lightly grease mini bundt pans, or a springform pan.
- Put the pans into a larger pan with 1/2 inch of water. (*If you use a springform pan, wrap the bottom in foil so no water gets in the bottom.)
- Bake 25 minutes for the small bundt pans and around 40 minutes for the springform pan. (I didn't make this in a large pan so you will need to keep an eye on it if you use this size pan.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 8g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.