You are going to love the creaminess of this easy pear smoothie bowl. It is comfort food in a bowl, and with pears in season, you can’t beat this healthy breakfast!
Pear Smoothie Bowls are a delicious and nutritious way to keep healthy during the Holidays. Vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and no refined sugars!
During the late fall and winter, finding fresh, seasonal fruits to blend into green smoothies gets a little harder. Pears make a great choice as they are at their peak now.
The holidays are a crazy time. Every now and then, I need to step back from the food madness and go back to basics. If you love smoothies as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious smoothie recipes.
You might also like this Creamy Vegan Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. It is another smoothie that uses in-season fruits!
I used a combination of Bosc and Anjous pears for this pear smoothie recipe, but many other pears would also taste delicious.
If you love pears, wait until you try some of these incredible gluten-free pear recipes!
What types of pear are good in smoothies?
- Forelle: Tangy, Crisp, and excitingly sweet, pairs well with cheese. These are one of the least varieties of pears, just bigger than Seckel.
- Asian pears: Very crispy with a mild flavor. These can be a refreshing treat for warmer days since they are available year-round.
- Comice: Sweet buttery flesh is exceptionally paired with cheese, particularly soft cheese like Brie or blue cheese.
- Bartlett: Soft and super juicy when ripe, will crumble when cooked, perfect for pear sauce and pear butter.
- Bosc: Crisp with a delicate sweet flavor, it will keep its shape when cooked, perfect for tart, pie, or poached.
- Anjous: Firm with a mild flavor, another good choice when you need them to keep their shape when cooked.
Okay, it is time to take your breakfast to the next level with this pear smoothie recipe. This breakfast smoothie recipe is so good! You can drink this green pear smoothie for breakfast, especially for people obsessed with smoothie bowls.
This healthy smoothie bowl recipe is packed with so much flavor and protein that it is an ideal way to start your day.
Because of the Anjou pears, this smoothie is slightly green. My kids balk at veggies in smoothies, but you can easily sneak some in if your kids are more laid back about their smoothies!
This pear smoothie is delicious and can be ready in less than 5 minutes. Even better? This recipe is entirely customizable. Garnish the smoothie bowl with unsweetened coconut, pear slices, and pecans.
Substitutions and variations:
- I used Flaxmilk to make this smoothie. You can also use almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk to keep it vegan.
- Add other fruits like apple, mango, or pineapple.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cardamom.
You may also enjoy these fruity recipes that celebrate the bounty of the trees. I have them all in this gluten free Tu Bishvat roundup so that you can find them all.
Pear Smoothie Bowl
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups fresh pear
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 2 cups nondairy milk or nondairy yogurt of choice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice more if you like it really frozen
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- ¼ cup pecans
- Add the pear, cider, protein powder, milk, yogurt and ice to a Vitamix or blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with pecan and shredded coconut.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn’t test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Your go-to haven for gluten-free living, where I share hundreds of delicious, family-friendly recipes, helpful gluten-free resources, and allergen-friendly options for everyone!