You are going to love the creaminess of this easy pear smoothie bowl. It is comfort food in a bowl, and with pears in season, you can't beat this healthy breakfast!
The holidays are a crazy time. Every now and then I need to step back from the food madness and go back to basics. If you love smoothies as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious smoothie recipes.
Click for Table of Contents:
Pear Smoothie Bowls are a delicious and nutritious way to keep healthy during the Holidays. Vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and no refined sugars!
During the late fall and winter, it gets a little harder to find fresh, seasonal fruits to blend into green smoothies. Pears make a great choice as they are at their peak now.
You might also like this Creamy Vegan Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. It is another smoothie that uses in-season fruits!
I used a combination of Bosc and Anjous pears for this pear smoothie recipe, but many other pears would also taste delicious
What types of pear are good in smoothies?
- Forelle: Tangy, Crisp and excitingly sweet, pair well with cheese. These are one of the least varieties of pears, just bigger than Seckel.
- Asian pears; Very crispy with a mild flavor. These can be a refreshing treat for warmer days since they are available year-round.
- Comice: Sweet buttery flesh, these are exceptionally paired with cheese, particularly soft cheese like Brie, or blue cheese.
- Bartlett: Soft, and super juicy when ripe, will crumble when cooked, perfect for pear sauce and pear butter.
- Bosc: Crisp with a delicate sweet flavor, will keep their shape when cooked, perfect for tart, pie or poached.
- Anjous: Firm with a mild flavor, another good choice when you need them to keep their shape when cooked.
While I regularly rely on a frozen fruit of all types of smoothies, I love being able to support local farmers by making use of in-season ingredients.
Okay, it is time to take your breakfast to the next level with this pear smoothie recipe. This breakfast smoothie recipe is so good! You can drink this green pear smoothie for breakfast especially for people who are obsessed by smoothie bowls.
You will find this healthy smoothie bowl recipe is packed with so much flavor and protein that it is an ideal way to start your day.
Because of the Anjou pears, this smoothie is slightly green. My kids balk at veggies in smoothies, but you can easily sneak some in if your kids are more laid back about their smoothies!
This pear smoothie is delicious and can be ready in less than 5 minutes. Even better? This recipe is entirely customizable. Garnish the smoothie bowl with unsweetened coconut, pear slices, and pecans.
Substitutions and variations:
- I used Flaxmilk to make this smoothie. You can also use almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk to keep it vegan.
- Add other fruits like apple, mango, or pineapple.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom.
You may also enjoy these fruity recipes that celebrate the bounty of the trees. I have them all in this gluten free Tu Bishvat roundup so you can find them all.
Pear Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups fresh pear
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 2 cups nondairy milk or nondairy yogurt of choice
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice more if you like it really frozen
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Add the pear, cider, protein powder, milk, yogurt and ice to a Vitamix or blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with pecan and shredded coconut.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)