Gluten free apple muffins (with a dairy-free option!) are super moist, have the perfect amount of cinnamon spice, and are entirely scrumptious! Nothing beats a freshly baked apple cinnamon muffin because not only does it taste amazing, but your house will smell heavenly! You aren’t going to have a crumb leftover when you make these because they are going to be devoured.
Every morsel of this healthy apple muffin recipe is filled with sweet apples and cinnamon. The flavors are a perfect match! If you are an apple fanatic like me, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free apple recipes!
Mornings can be hectic in the Fearless Dining household, so I wanted to create a recipe that was easy to eat on the go. Gluten free cinnamon apple muffins are the perfect fit for us because you don’t need any utensils at all! Just grab it, and we can hit the road.
These gluten free muffins are incredible for breakfast, but they are excellent for many other things too. Brunch, dessert, or a snack are a few ideas. They are great for road trips, baby showers, or just when you want something a little sweet.
Many people who don’t understand gluten free eating, don’t realize that we can still eat amazing baked goods. We just have to adjust the recipes slightly. To get started, take a look at this article I wrote Gluten Free Pantry Essentials and Equipment Recommendations. This guide will give you the basic tools and information you need. Never hesitate to reach out to me with questions, because I am here to help.
If you love gluten free apple cinnamon muffins, you should try these other apple recipes:
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Donuts
- Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cake
- Gluten Free Apple Galette
- Gluten Free Creamy Apple Cake<
- Gluten free flour blend
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Sugar and cinnamon
- Butter or coconut oil
How to make gluten free apple muffins:
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
Chop your apple into thin slices and add to the wet ingredients.
Can you make this apple muffin recipe dairy-free?
You can easily make these apple muffins dairy-free by substituting coconut oil for the butter.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. Muffin tip: if you like your muffins light and fluffy, do NOT overmix your muffin batter. Mix it until it is just barely mixed.
This is what your apple muffin batter will look like.
Because these gluten free cinnamon apple muffins are so versatile, you can adjust them according to your desires. Here are a few ideas:
- White chocolate chips
I wanted to take the time to answer some questions you may have about this easy apple muffin recipe. If you have additional questions, let me know because I am always happy to answer your questions.
Do You Have To Peel The Apples For This Recipe?
No, you can leave the peels on the apples for added fiber. Plus, leaving them on will save you a little bit of time prepping too. That is what is great about this apple muffin recipe, you can personalize it to meet your tastes.
What Kinds Of Apples Are Best For Gluten Free Apple Muffins?
There are so many different types of apples available; it can be hard to know which ones will taste the best. Here are varieties that I typically use:
- Fuji – They are firm, juicy, and have a sweet flavor that goes wonderfully in baked goods.
- Granny Smith – These apples have more of a tart flavor and a slight sweetness. They are crisp and very popular to use in pies and other recipes.
- Pink Lady – If you have never tried a Pink Lady apple, you are missing out! They are similar to Granny Smith in the fact that they are tart, but they have a kick of sweetness too!
- Golden Delicious – If you are a fan of really sweet apples, then these are exactly what you need. They are perfect for baking!
How Do You Know When The Apple Muffins Are Done?
The easiest way to tell if the apple muffins are done is by doing the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the muffin. If it comes out clean, they are done and ready to come out of the oven.
How Full Do You Fill The Muffin Cups?
I use a standard size muffin tin when baking these muffins, and I fill them ⅔ full with batter. They will cook beautifully, and all have an excellent uniform shape.
Can I Freeze These Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins?
Yes, you can freeze these apple cinnamon muffins. The best way to freeze them is to individually wrap them in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer bag. Once they are all packaged separately, then put them all in a larger airtight container. This will keep them fresher and prevent freezer burn. To thaw, you can just place on the counter until they are ready to eat.
Looking for more delicious baked goods? You should try these:
- Easy Fluffy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Sweet Potato Bread Pudding
- Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Easy Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the apple slices.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. (See Notes below)
- Place liners into the muffin tin and fill each cup about 3/4 full of muffin batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until done. Check at the 20 minute mark by inserting a toothpick into the top of a muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
* The secret to light and fluffy muffins is to just barely mix the batter. If you overmix the batter, your muffins will be more dense.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Recipe Right Muffin Pan, 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin Pan
- King Arthur Flour, Measure for Measure Flour, Gluten Free, 3 Pound
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5), Non Slip Colorful Silicone Bottom Nesting Storage Bowls by Aammaxs-yyi, Polished Mirror Finish For Healthy Meal Mixing and Prepping 1.5-2 - 2.5-3.5 - 7QT
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 151mg Carbohydrates: 30g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g