Life will never be the same after you sink your teeth into these gluten free caramel cupcakes! The flavor is so irresistible that you will find yourself going back for more. Friends and family will never know these easy caramel cupcakes are gluten free!
The creamy caramel flavor of this moist cupcake paired with the caramel buttercream frosting is a combination made in food heaven. Rich, decadent, and drool-worthy yummy!
If you love these cupcakes with caramel frosting, you should check out all my other delicious gluten free cupcakes recipes! There are so many tasty treats that the hardest part will be deciding which one to bake first!
My daughter has been at it again with decorating these gluten free caramel cupcakes. Each decorated cupcake is beautifully elegant with a rose petal design. I seriously don’t think they could have turned out more gorgeous…I am definitely not a biased mom!
If you are interested in decorating this easy caramel cupcakes recipe the way she did, you just need the Wilton cupcake decorating frosting tips. I promise you don’t have to be a professional to get this result! My daughter watched this Video by Wilton and had fun.
You just need a little bit of practice and the proper equipment and you will be decorating like a pro! I will also love it if you make this gluten free caramel cupcakes recipe if you would tag me so I can see how they turned out! Here is another fun floral frosting pattern she made. Feel free to follow her ArtbyKaelaG Instagram account
These cupcakes are fantastic if you follow the directions, but if you like to add a little variety from time to time here are some ideas you can try:
- Salt – You don’t have to put the salt on the caramel cupcakes. However, they taste amazing with it. But if you have someone who can’t have a lot of salt, feel free to omit. Who doesn’t love salted caramel??
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Add in some mini chocolate chips to the frosting for an over the top delicious experience.
- Chocolate Shavings – Add a few chocolate shavings to the top of the cupcake for added flavor, and it enhances the look too.
- Toasted Coconut – Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of the gluten free cupcakes. Toast coconut in a pan without any oil while stirring continuously. It is ready when the edges have turned light brown.
If you haven’t baked gluten free cupcakes, or if you need some modifications due to food allergies, I am happy to help!
Can I Make Gluten Free Salted Caramel Cupcakes Egg Free?
Eggs are a vital ingredient in many gluten free baked goods. There are a few reasons why eggs are typically necessary when baking with gluten free ingredients. They help with the texture of the cupcakes, help bind the ingredients together and also act as a leavening agent which will help the cake or cupcakes rise.
While eggs are essential to many recipes, you can substitute them. There is a product called Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer. It is the best replacement I have found so far.
Flaxseed meal is another option but does NOT work well in cupcakes because they won’t rise as much as they need to when baking them. It works best in muffins or pancakes. Lastly, you can also use applesauce as a replacement, but you will want to add in ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum to allow binding of ingredients.
Can I make this caramel cupcake recipe dairy free?
You can definitely make this recipe dairy free using nondairy milk. As for the frosting, it may be a little tricky. You can use non-hydrogenated palm shortening instead of butter.
Can I Freeze This cupcake Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze easy caramel cupcakes. They are best if you DON’T frost them ahead of time and just freeze the cupcake. If you want to freeze the frosting also, put it separately in freezer bags. The most important part is making sure that they are stored in an airtight container.
When ready to serve, you can thaw them on the countertop until they have defrosted. Decorate and devour!
- Gluten Free Flour Blend
- Brown Sugar
- Milk or Nondairy Milk
- Powdered Sugar
- Caramel (Jarred. I used one from Trader Joe’s)
Are you ready to make these delicious cupcakes for yourself?
The first step is to add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
Add the wet ingredients to a separate bowl and whisk to blend.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until just barely mixed. TIP: You never want to overmix your cupcake batter. If you do you will break up the little air bubbles and your cupcakes will turn out a lot heavier.
Can you use a standing mixer to make this cupcake recipe?
You can use an electric mixer to whip up your cupcake batter. Use the paddle attachment. Tip: Add the wet ingredients first. I can’t recommend enough to add the dry ingredients a little at a time and mix at a very low speed. Otherwise, your flour can fly right out of the bowl!!
This is what your cupcake batter will look like.
Add the cupcake batter to a lined muffin tin. Use a cookie scoop so that you use the same amount of batter in each section. This will help ensure your cupcakes turn out all the same size! I like to use Parchment Paper liners when I bake. Your cupcakes often stick to regular paper liners, which drives me nuts. The parchment paper liners make everything no-stick!
Bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes. Allow cooling while you mix up the frosting. Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!
How to make caramel cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- (*Note, if your gluten free flour blend doesn't have Xanthan Gum, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk (feel free to use nondairy milk)
- For Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup caramel (you may need to heat it to soften it enough to mix in)
- 1-2 tablespoons water as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is "just mixed."
- Add paper liners to a muffin tin. Fill each 3/4 with cupcake batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until done.
- remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Add the frosting ingredients to a mixer and whip the frosting.
- Scoop frosting into a frosting bag and decorate each cupcake.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g