If you love crispy chicken cutlets, but don't want the fat and calories of fried chicken, wait until you try this easy oven baked Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan recipe!!
One bite and you will be hooked. This mouthwatering chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy moist on the inside!! Top these gluten free chicken cutlets with your favorite sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil!
Click for Table of Contents:
(*This post was sponsored by FitJoy Foods. All delicious crunch opinions are my own!)
If you love healthy snacks, you are going to LOVE these new grain-free pretzels by FitJoy Foods!! They are the only grain-free pretzel on the market and they are sooo perfect to grind as a coating for breaded foods like these chicken cutlets!
These pretzels are made with real foods, nothing fake, and they contain carefully sourced gourmet ingredients like Himalayan pink salt, sunflower oil, cassava flour, organic honey, etc.
Why this dinner is great:
If you are looking for a delicious easy dinner that kids love, this gluten free chicken parmesan from scratch is the answer. Kids love the salty pretzel coating!
This gluten free chicken dinner is ready in about 40 minutes. You can meal prep this recipe and you can also freeze it so you always have an easy dinner to heat up!
For my readers who are looking for speedy chicken recipes for those busy school nights, don't forget to check out all of my popular gluten free chicken recipes!
These chicken cutlets were the perfect base for my gluten free chicken parmesan recipe, but you can also serve these gluten free chicken cutlets smothered in gravy with mashed potatoes, in a chicken sandwich, or eat them plain!
- Fit Joy Grain-Free Pretzels - There are no grain-free bread crumbs on the market so using Fit Joy's Pretzels is a great way to keep your meal grain-free! I used FitJoy pretzels instead of bread crumbs for these gluten free chicken cutlets.
- Chicken - I used chicken breasts but you can use thighs as well.
- Mozzarella - Feel free to use dairy-free mozzarella if you are dairy-free. There are several delicious brands.
- Basil - I used dried basil mixed in the crumb mixture but garnished with fresh basil.
Step 1: Add the pretzels to a food processor and grind until you get the desired consistency you like. My kids love their coating crunchy so I left some slightly bigger pieces.
Step 2: Add your breadcrumbs, parmesan, basil, garlic powder, and salt to a bowl. Mix it all together. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Step 3: Add mixed eggs to a bowl and add the breadcrumb mixture to another bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg, then dip into the breadcrumbs. Move the chicken to a baking dish. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
Step 5: Bake for 20 minutes until mostly done. Remove from the oven and top each piece of chicken with mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted...about 8 more minutes. Serve with gluten free pasta!!
Sprinkle with fresh basil and dig in!! Your whole family is going to love this easy chicken parmesan! You will also love this Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe...talk about a delicious crisp coating!
Slice your chicken breasts lengthwise in half to make a thin chicken cutlet. This will make your chicken thin and crispier on the outside.)
More Chicken Dinner Recipes to Try:
- These Easy Baked Chicken Wings are perfect for a party.
- This is the best Gluten Free Fried Chicken recipe ever!
- If you have an Instant Pot, this Instant Pot Chicken Soup is so easy to make.
- These Gluten Free Ground Chicken Burgers make a quick and easy dinner.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- 4 boneless chicken breasts * see note
- 1 cup pasta sauce * see note
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese * see note
- 1 egg large
- 1 1/2 cups FitJoy Grain-Free Pretzels
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan * see note
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more if you prefer foods a little saltier
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Add the FitJoy Pretzels to a food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. Pour them into a bowl.
- Add the crumbs, parmesan, and seasoning into a bowl and mix.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk.
- Take the chicken and dip each piece of chicken into egg, flip to coat both sides.
- Put the chicken into the crumbs. Press the chicken in so the crumb mixture sticks to each part of the chicken.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and bake at 350º F. Bake chicken for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and top each cutlet with marinara and mozzarella. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- I used skinless chicken breasts but you can also use thighs.
- To keep this recipe dairy-free, use dairy-free mozzarella and parmesan.
- Top with either jarred or homemade pasta sauce. This easy gluten free marinara sauce is really easy to make with pantry ingredients.
- If you can't find grain-free pretzels, you can use gluten-free pretzels.
- This chicken parmesan will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You can freeze it and it will keep up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)