If you love crispy chicken cutlets, but don’t want the fat and calories of fried chicken, wait until you try this easy oven baked Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan recipe!!
One bite and you will be hooked. This mouthwatering chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy moist on the inside!! Top these gluten free chicken cutlets with your favorite sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil!
For my readers who are looking for speedy chicken recipes for those busy school nights, don’t forget to check out all of my popular gluten free chicken recipes!
(*This post was sponsored by FitJoy Foods. All delicious crunch opinions are my own!)
If you love healthy snacks, you are going to LOVE these new grain-free pretzels by FitJoy Foods!! They are the only grain-free pretzel on the market and they are sooo good!! These pretzels are made with real foods, nothing fake, and they contain carefully sourced gourmet ingredients like Himalayan pink salt, sunflower oil, cassava flour, organic honey, etc.
FitJoy uses gourmet ingredients, not like the vegetable oil, corn starch, all-purpose flour, corn oil, or table salt you find in other pretzels.
FitJoy Gives Back
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you KNOW I always support those brands that give back to their communities. FitJoy believes in making sure children are not going hungry. They have donated over 1.5 million bars to charities. This is an incredible way to give back!
Don’t forget to check out their delicious grain-free, gluten-free protein bars too…these are perfect for a school lunchbox or afternoon protein pick me up!!
What are Grain-Free Breadcrumbs?
Now you can have grain-free breadcrumbs !! Just use FitJoy Grain-Free Pretzels to make your breadcrumbs!! I used FitJoy pretzels instead of bread crumbs for these gluten free chicken cutlets.
These chicken cutlets were the perfect base for my gluten free chicken parmesan recipe, but you can also serve these gluten free chicken cutlets smothered in gravy with mashed potatoes, in a chicken sandwich, or eat them plain!
To make these grain-free breadcrumbs, just put your FitJoy Pretzels into a food processor and blend. I like a “chunkier” texture with both small and large chunks of pretzel…it adds to the crunchiness of the coating!
Are you ready to make these Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan?
Add your breadcrumbs, parmesan, basil, garlic powder, and salt to a bowl. Mix it all together.
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Add mixed eggs to a bowl and add the breadcrumb mixture to another bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg, then dip into the breadcrumbs. Move the chicken to a baking dish. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
(*Tip, slice your chicken breasts lengthwise in half to make a thin chicken cutlet. This will make your chicken thin and crispier on the outside.)
Bake for 20 minutes until mostly done.
Add mozzarella cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted…about 8-10 more minutes. Serve with gluten free pasta!!
Sprinkle with fresh basil and dig in!! Your whole family is going to love this easy chicken parmesan!
More Delicious Chicken Dinner Recipes to Try:
- The whole family will love this easy Gluten Free Chicken Piccata recipe.
- These Easy Baked Chicken Wings are perfect for a party.
- This is the best Gluten Free Fried Chicken recipe ever!
- If you have an Instant Pot, this Instant Pot Chicken Soup is so easy to make.
- These Gluten Free Ground Chicken Burgers make a quick and easy dinner.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups FitJoy Grain-Free Pretzels
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more if you prefer foods a little saltier)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Add the FitJoy Pretzels to a food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. Pour them into a bowl.
- Add the crumbs, parmesan, and seasoning into a bowl and mix.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk.
- Take the chicken and dip each piece of chicken into egg, flip to coat both sides.
- Put the chicken into the crumbs. Press the chicken in so the crumb mixture sticks to each part of the chicken.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and bake at 350F degrees. Bake chicken for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and top each cutlet with marinara and mozzarella. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
You can use any gluten free or grain-free pretzel to make the coating for this chicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 177mgSodium: 1103mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 49g