These baked gluten free chicken wings with healthy turmeric have only 4 simple ingredients. They are perfect for game day, a protein snack, or as an appetizer. They have quickly become my kids' favorite snacks!
If you love chicken as much as we do, you will want to check out ALL of my delicious Gluten Free Chicken Recipes. I also include an air fryer version of this recipe if you want to make these even quicker.
Click for Table of Contents:
This easy turmeric chicken wing recipe started out because I was experimenting with gluten free game day recipes. Chicken wings are always so popular when we have friends over to watch the Warriors play so I decided to have some fun :-).
Who knew turmeric could be so easy to use in recipes? Turmeric is a healthy anti-inflammatory powerhouse. It makes these wings bright yellow. You may consider baking these on parchment paper because the yellow turmeric stained my baking sheet yellow!
If you love turmeric, you can also try this Turmeric Vinaigrette Salad Dressing and this Roasted Turmeric Lime Cauliflower for more delicious ways to cook with turmeric.
Why these wings are so good:
I can sum up why I love this recipe in a few short words. Anti-inflammatory, crispy, healthy, and my picky kid loves them. All you need is four simple ingredients.
If you have been reading for a while, you know how much of a picky my daughter is. She hates protein and would totally live on cheese and carbs if I let her. I didn't expect her to eat almost all of these wings in one sitting!
These are allergy friendly and are Paleo, Keto, Whole30, and Gluten Free...these anti-inflammatory chicken wings are perfect for anyone!
This paleo chicken wing recipe is definitely one of my new favorite ways to use turmeric. You will love how easy it is to cook with turmeric. Do you have a favorite turmeric recipe?
Put raw chicken on a greased baking pan. Sprinkle with salt, turmeric and olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Check the internal temperature to make sure it is at 165 degrees F.
That is it. Pretty easy, right? A chicken recipe can't get any easier than this.
Air fryer directions:
To make this gluten free chicken wings recipe in your air fryer, follow all of the same directions as above, but place the wings in the basket of your air fryer.
Make sure there is a little space between each chicken wing so that the air and oil can circulate all around each wing.
Cook at 350º F for 10 minutes. Check to make sure the internal temperature is 165º F.
Expert Tips & Recipe FAQ:
Bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes for chicken wings. You can use any type of chicken in this recipe…it isn't only for chicken wings!
In most cases, chicken wings are not healthy because they are fried. In my simple baked chicken wing recipe, I don't fry the chicken wings so they are so much healthier!!
You can use this recipe to make chicken thighs, legs, etc. It is a great flavorful recipe!
Store in an air-tight container up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
You can season the wings ahead and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them.
Yes, you can freeze these wings. Just place them in a Ziplock bag or freezer-safe container. To thaw, put into the refrigerator for a day, then bake when they are thawed out. You can also microwave them, but they will lose some crispness.
More Gluten Free Appetizer Recipes:
- Love nachos but want a healthier version? These Crispy Sweet Potato Nachos are great for a party.
- These gluten free meatballs cook really quickly. Give this Instant Pot BBQ Turkey Meatballs recipe a try!
- More yummy wings! Sticky Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
- You can also use an air fryer to make gluten free appetizers. Air Fryer Gluten Free Ground Chicken Meatballs are so easy to make.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Baked Gluten Free Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Spray cooking oil on in a baking dish.
- Lay out the chicken. Sprinkle with salt, turmeric, then drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is crispy on the outside. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- If you don't have wings, you can use this turmeric seasoning on any piece of chicken. If you don't have wings.
- I like to use olive oil to rub the chicken. You can use another light oil if you prefer.
- To make this recipe in your air fryer, follow all of the same directions as above, but place the wings in the basket of your air fryer. Make sure there is a little space between each chicken wing so that the air and oil can circulate all around each wing. Cook at 350º F for 10 minutes. Check to make sure the internal temperature is 165º F.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)