These Ninja air fryer gluten free chicken wings are coated with a healthy turmeric blend that tastes incredible. They are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside and they have quickly become my kids' favorite snacks! Ready in under 20 minutes!
This easy turmeric chicken wing recipe started out because I was experimenting with gluten free game-day recipes. Chicken wings are always so popular when we have friends over to watch the Warriors play so I decided to have some fun :-).
If you love turmeric, you can also try this Turmeric Vinaigrette Salad Dressing and this Roasted Turmeric Lime Cauliflower for more delicious ways to cook with turmeric.
Why these wings are so good:
I can sum up why I love this recipe in a few short words. Anti-inflammatory, crispy, healthy, and my picky kid loves them. All you need is four simple ingredients.
If you have been reading for a while, you know how much of a picky my daughter is. She hates protein and would totally live on cheese and carbs if I let her. I didn't expect her to eat almost all of these wings in one sitting!
If you love chicken as much as we do, you will want to check out ALL of my delicious Gluten Free Chicken Recipes.
Air fryer directions:
I love to make these Ninja Foodie chicken wings in my air fryer. Many ask what is the best air fryer for chicken wings. I love my new larger 8 qt Ninja Foodi Air Fryer. I have a smaller air fryer but my Ninja is better because you can cook a lot more wings at one time.
- To make this gluten free chicken wings recipe in your Ninja air fryer, place your wings into a large bowl. Sprinkle them with turmeric, salt, and pepper. Use tongs to place the wings into the air fryer basket of your air fryer. Spray some oil over the wings. Use an oil that is good for high heat. My favorite oils to use are avocado and canola oils.
- Tip: Make sure there is a little space between each chicken wing so that the air and oil can circulate all around each wing. This is what will help them be crispy on the outside all around!
- Air fry at 370º F for 12-13 minutes. Check to make sure the internal temperature is 165º F. These air fried wings are so much lower in fat!
Oven baking instructions:
- Put raw chicken on a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle with salt, turmeric, and olive oil.
- Bake at 350º F for 20 minutes. Check the internal temperature to make sure it is at 165º F.
That is it. Pretty easy, right? Two delicious ways to make this easy chicken wings recipe.
Expert Tips & Recipe FAQ:
In most cases, chicken wings are not healthy because they are fried. In my air fryer chicken wing recipe, I don't fry the chicken wings so they are so low fat and much healthier!!
You can use this recipe to make chicken thighs, legs, etc. It is a great flavorful recipe!
Technically you could cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer but the extra moisture will prevent them from crisping and frying well. I don't recommend it from a flavor standpoint.
You can season the wings ahead and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them.
Store in an air-tight container up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can freeze these wings. Just place them in a Ziplock bag or freezer-safe container. To thaw, put into the refrigerator for a day, then bake when they are thawed out. You can also microwave them, but they will lose some crispness.
These are allergy friendly and are Paleo, Keto, Whole30, and Gluten Free...these anti-inflammatory chicken wings are perfect for anyone!
More gluten free appetizer recipes:
- Love nachos but want a healthier version? These Crispy Sweet Potato Nachos are great for a party.
- These gluten free meatballs cook really quickly. Give this Instant Pot BBQ Turkey Meatballs recipe a try!
- More yummy wings! Sticky Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
- You can also use an air fryer to make gluten free appetizers. Air Fryer Gluten Free Ground Chicken Meatballs are so easy to make.
Ninja Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- optional ground black pepper
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Preheat your air fryer to 370º F.
- In a bowl, add the wings and sprinkle with turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Add the oil and mix to coat the wings.
- Add the wings to the warmed air fryer basket. Make sure they are not touching so the air can circulate around them.
- Spray a high heat tolerant oil over the wings. I recommend avocado or canola oil.
- Cook in the air fryer 10-12 minutes until the internal temperature reads 165º F.
Oven Baked Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Spray cooking oil on in a baking dish.
- Lay out the chicken. Sprinkle with salt, turmeric, then drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is crispy on the outside. Internal temperature should be 165º F.
- If you don't have wings, you can use this turmeric seasoning on any piece of chicken. If you don't have wings.
- I like to use avocado oil to rub the chicken. You can use another light oil if you prefer.
- These wings will keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)