If you love a great bread with your cup of coffee, give this gluten free cranberry bread with chocolate chips a try.
You can also watch my simple video to show you how easy this gluten free cranberry bread is to make! This delicious moist gluten free bread is gluten free and dairy free!
Cranberries are in season and I am so excited to start making my favorite cranberry recipes! Thanksgiving is around the corner, and I wanted to make a healthy, but delicious gluten free and dairy free bread for breakfast.
Cranberries are full of vitamin C and antioxidants to keep you healthier.
I included semi-sweet chocolate chips in so that my kids would be enticed to try this cake….they are always suspicious when I offer sweetbread or some other treat for breakfast. The chocolate chips camouflage the healthful side of this cranberry loaf 🙂
This gluten free cranberry bread is perfect with a cup of hot coffee. If you are a coffee lover too, here are three more mouthwatering breakfast bread to try! Gluten Free Pumpkin Caramel Loaf, Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Banana Bread, and Gluten Free Black Sesame Banana Bread.
Healthy breakfast choices
Gluten free cranberry bread is healthy, moist and delicious.! I used coconut sugar so it is lower glycemic too.
No guilt for eating this for breakfast. Or should I say late morning, as my kids sleep really late in the morning if there is no school? 🙂 Another healthy breakfast treat are these Gluten Free Breakfast Donuts!
There are lots of fresh cranberries in this gluten free cranberry bread recipe. Their tart flavor balances so well with the chocolate chips!
Mix up the wet and dry cranberry bread ingredients. You will see more of the steps in the video below!
*TIP: one secret to keeping gluten free sweet bread to be light and fluffy is to “just” mix the batter. Don’t over mix it, or it won’t be as light!
Substitutions and Variations:
- Add chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts!
- If you need this to be nut free, skip the almond flour and add 1/2 cup additional gluten free flour blend.
- Add other fruits like blueberries. You can use any fruit to enjoy year round when cranberries are not in season.
- Smashed banana adds more sweetness.
After I put the batter into a greased baking dish, I ground some cinnamon sugar over the top. This gives the top of this cranberry nut bread loaf a nice little sparkle.
If you are keeping the sugar down, feel free to skip this step.
How long do you bake cranberry bread for?
I bake this cranberry bread loaf for about 40 minutes. To test and see if it is done, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out without crumbs or batter, that means your gluten free cranberry bread is finished.
Allow the dairy free cranberry bread to cool before slicing! (I once tried to slice the bread when it was still warm. The slices were a bit messy so I wanted to let you know so that you can learn from my mistake :-).”
Watch how easy this gluten free cranberry loaf recipe is to make!
Are you ready to make your own gluten free cranberry bread?
More Gluten Free Breads To Make:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Bread
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free Black Sesame Banana Bread
(*Please note this post contains affiliate links. Purchasing from these links does not change the price you pay, but a tiny commission comes to me to help offset costs from running this site. I really appreciate your support!!)
Tools You Need To Make This Gluten Free Cranberry Bread Recipe:
- Loaf pan, this pan is a perfect size. You may want to double the recipe so you can freeze one loaf for another day.
- Gluten free corn flour. I like this one because not only is it ground very fine for baking, but it is certified gluten free. This adds a little extra flavor to this gluten free cranberry loaf.
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup gluten free corn flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan. (I sprayed mine with coconut oil)
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients.
- Mix then add cranberries, chips, and nuts.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes until done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 486 Saturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 143mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 18g Protein: 6g
Here are More Yummy Breakfast Recipes to Try!
(*I updated this post from 12/12/2014.)