If you enjoy a great bread with your cup of coffee, give this gluten free cranberry bread with chocolate chips a try. This cake is moist, delicious, and is bursting with fresh cranberries.
You can also watch my simple video to show you how easy this homemade gluten free cranberry bread is to make! This delicious moist gluten free bread is gluten free and dairy-free! If you love cranberries as much as we do, you may want to check out this gluten free cranberry banana bread too!
Click for Table of Contents:
Cranberries are in season and I am so excited to start making my favorite cranberry recipes! Thanksgiving is around the corner, and I wanted to make a healthy, but delicious gluten free and dairy free bread for breakfast.
I included semi-sweet chocolate chips in so that my kids would be enticed to try this cake....they are always suspicious when I offer sweetbread or some other treat for breakfast. The chocolate chips camouflage the healthful side of this cranberry loaf 🙂
Gluten free cranberry bread is healthy, moist and delicious.! I used coconut sugar so it is lower glycemic too.
No guilt for eating this for breakfast. Or should I say late morning, as my kids sleep really late in the morning if there is no school? 🙂 Another healthy breakfast treat are these Gluten Free Breakfast Donuts!
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- Cream of tartar
- Gluten free cornflour
(or regular gluten free flour blend)
- Gluten free flour blend
- Tapioca starch (omit if using gluten free flour blend instead of cornflour
- Almond milk
- Flax meal
- Chocolate chips
The first step to making this gluten free quick bread is to wash and chop up your cranberries. There are lots of fresh cranberries in this gluten free cranberry bread recipe. Their tart flavor balances so well with the chocolate chips!
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend. Pour your wet ingredients into a smaller bowl and mix well.
Mix up the wet and dry cranberry bread ingredients.
*Bread Making TIP: one secret to keeping gluten free sweet bread to be light and fluffy is to "just" mix the batter. Don't over mix it, or it won't be as light!
This is what your gluten free cranberry bread batter will look like.
Pouring the batter into a greased loaf tin.
Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar or coarse sugar and bake at 350F degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Substitutions and variations:
- Add chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts!
- If you need this to be nut free, skip the almond flour and add 1/2 cup additional gluten free flour blend.
- Add other fruits like blueberries. You can use any fruit to enjoy year round when cranberries are not in season.
- Smashed banana adds more sweetness.
After I put the batter into a greased baking dish, I ground some cinnamon sugar over the top. This gives the top of this cranberry nut bread loaf a nice little sparkle. If you are keeping the sugar down, feel free to skip this step.
How long do you bake cranberry bread for?
I bake this cranberry bread loaf for about 40 minutes. To test and see if it is done, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out without crumbs or batter, that means your gluten free cranberry bread is finished.
Allow the dairy free cranberry bread to cool before slicing! (I once tried to slice the bread when it was still warm. The slices were a bit messy so I wanted to let you know so that you can learn from my mistake :-)."
Are you ready to make your own gluten free cranberry bread?
More Gluten Free Breads To Make:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Bread
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free Black Sesame Banana Bread
- Loaf pan, this pan is a perfect size. You may want to double the recipe so you can freeze one loaf for another day.
- Gluten free corn flour. I like this one because not only is it ground very fine for baking, but it is certified gluten free. This adds a little extra flavor to this gluten free cranberry loaf.
Gluten Free Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup gluten free cornflour
or regular gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan. (I sprayed mine with coconut oil)
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients.
- Mix then add cranberries, chips, and nuts.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes until done.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
(*I updated this post from 12/12/2014.)