Get ready for a deliciously super moist gluten free banana bread with cranberries. This gluten free cranberry nut bread is perfect for fall.
Loaded with sweet bananas and fresh cranberries, this gluten free cranberry banana bread will quickly become your family's favorite breakfast bread.
If you love bananas as much as we do, check out this gluten free black sesame banana bread recipe!!
Fall is in full swing and I finally found fresh cranberries at the market. I LOVE the tartness of fresh cranberries. It adds all sorts of flavor to gluten free baked goods like these Gluten Free Cranberry Muffins and these Gluten Free Cranberry Shortbread Bars.
This cranberry banana nut bread is not only gluten free, but it is dairy-free too! It makes a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving morning breakfast, or serve this gluten free cranberry banana bread anytime!
Using over-ripe bananas helps me keep the sugar content down a bit in this sweet gluten free cranberry banana bread recipe. Bananas are nutrient-dense and help even out the tartness of the cranberries. If you don't have over-ripe bananas, here are some easy ways to ripen your bananas quickly:
Tips to Ripen Bananas:
- Place your bananas (with the peels on!) on a baking sheet and bake at 225 for 20 minutes. The low-temperature heat will also help to caramelize the bananas adding to their sweet flavor.
- If you aren’t in a hurry, you can put your bananas in a brown paper bag and let them sit on the counter. (Don’t forget to close the bag!)
Are you ready to see how easy this moist gluten free dairy free banana bread with cranberries is to make? Grab your ingredients:
The first step it to add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend. Do the same in a smaller bowl for the wet ingredients.
I have tested three gluten free flour blends in this recipe. I liked King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure, Nameste GF Flour, and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. This doesn't mean other blends won't work, I just haven't tested any others. Try to avoid flour blends that are high in starch.
As always, if your blend does not contain Xanthan Gum, you will need to add 1 teaspoon.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add fresh cranberries. Mix gently.
Your batter will look like this when it is mixed.
Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf tin. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
How do you know when the bread is done baking?
To check to see if the gluten free banana cranberry bread is done baking, insert a toothpick in the middle of the bread. If the toothpick comes out smoothly, it is done. If there is any batter or crumbs on the toothpick, bake an additional 10 minutes.
Can you use dried cranberries?
You can definitely use dried cranberries, but they may not give the same tart juiciness of fresh cranberries.
More Delicious Variations of Gluten Free Banana Bread:
- Gluten Free Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bread
- Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Black Sesame Banana Bread
Can you use different fruits?
Yes! You can definitely use different fruits and mix-ins! Here are some of my favorites!
- Chocolate chips
- Nuts (almond slivers, pecans, walnuts, etc)
Can you make this recipe nut-free?
You can definitely make this gluten free banana bread recipe nut-free. Omit the almond flour and add 1/4 cup additional gluten free flour blend. Also use flaxseed milk instead of almond milk.
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar, coconut or brown sugar is fine too
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the fresh cranberries and walnuts.
- Mix together and pour the batter into a greased bread loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until done.
If you can't find fresh cranberries, you can use another fruit like blueberries, raspberries, or even chocolate chips!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 7g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.