This Gluten Free Dump Cake is a deliciously easy recipe that will feed a crowd. This apple dump cake is full of sweet apple cinnamon flavors! All you need are three simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe!
This is a brand new cake recipe y’all are going to love. It is a 3-ingredient cake that is full of fruity goodness. It has the flavors of a cobbler but is made as a 9×13-sized cake. Grab a box of gluten free cake mix, pie filling, and butter. That is all you need!!
If you love dessert as much as me, I have 100s of easy gluten free dessert recipes to keep you baking!
Why This Recipe Is Great:
- Ease. Trust me when I say this cake is probably one of the easiest cake recipes on my blog. Even your kids can make it!
- Unlimited flavor options! Use any flavor of gluten free cake mix and pie filling.
- It makes enough to feed a large family dessert. It is by far the best gluten free dump cake recipe!
- This recipe is gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free.
- Make it dairy-free by using a dairy-free cake mix and plant-based butter.
- Gluten Free Cake Mix – I used King Arthur Gluten Free Cake Mix. Other brands will also work well.
- Pie Filling – I used Duncan Hines Comstock’s “Simply” brand because it has no artificial preservatives or flavors. Any brand of pie filling will work.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter for this recipe.
- You can make the pie filling from scratch if you prefer not to use store-bought! Try using the blueberry filling from my popular Gluten Free Blueberry Pie.
Tips For Sucess:
- This cake is very easy to make. Be sure to use the right amount of butter. It is important to cover the top of the cake with butter chunks so it can help form the cake on top.
- Use a non-stick spray to prevent the pie filling from sticking to the pan.
Hands down this non-stick spray is amazing. It is totally inexpensive and it will save your gluten free cakes and muffins from sticking!
How To Make Gluten Free Dump Cake:
Step 1: Spray a non-stick oil on your baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Add the pie filling to the pan.
Step 2: Sprinkle the cake mix over the pie filling. Use a large spoon to spread it out evenly if needed.
Step 3: Cut the butter and place it evenly on top of the cake mix. Be sure to cover as much of the top as you can with the butter.
Step 4: Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden and the fruit is bubbling up around the sides.
Serve warm or cold with either fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top.
If you love dump cakes, try my Gluten Free Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe, too!
This simple cake got its name, dump cake, because you literally dump the ingredients into the baking dish.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep fresh for up to 4 days.
More Gluten Free Cake Recipes:
- Easy Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake
- Gluten Free Tres Leches Cake
- The Best Gluten Free Hummingbird Cake
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Easy Gluten Free Apple Dump Cake
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 box gluten free cake mix * see notes
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 22 ounces pie filling 2 cans
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Spray non-stick baking spray or coconut oil in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread the pie filling across the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the top of the pie filling. Use a spoon to smooth it out so it is disbursed evenly.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces and spread it out evenly across the top of the entire surface of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes until the top is slightly golden and the fruit is bubbly.
- Serve the cake warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.
- I tested this recipe with King Arthur gluten free vanilla cake mix. Other brands will also work.
- You can also use my homemade Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix or my Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix to make your own cake mix.
- I used Comstock “Simply” pie filling because it doesn’t have preservatives or artificial ingredients. You can any brand or homemade pie filling.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep fresh for up to 4 days.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn’t test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Your go-to haven for gluten-free living, where I share hundreds of delicious, family-friendly recipes, helpful gluten-free resources, and allergen-friendly options for everyone!