If you love pumpkin and fall-flavored desserts, wait until you try this homemade gluten-free pumpkin dump cake recipe! This simple pumpkin dump cake is quick and easy to make, and it is a delicious dessert the whole family will love.
Top with pumpkin spiced whipped cream, ice cream, or enjoy it plain with its sweet pecan praline topping!
(This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.)
Click for Table of Contents:
You are in for a special treat today. I am so in love with Safeway's new gluten-free cake mixes that I had to create a special gluten-free fall dessert recipe using it! All of the best and only $2.99 a box! You know how expensive gluten-free can be and this is an incredible deal on high quality gluten-free mixes!
If you have been looking for a delicious cake to make this fall, you are going to want to try this easy pumpkin dump cake recipe! I include variations to make this both dairy-free and egg-free so it is easily adapted for many food allergies!
The holidays are going to look very different this year. More people than ever are cooking at home, and Safeway makes it easy to find all of the ingredients you need.
Have you been to your local Safeway lately? It is my favorite place for finding great gluten-free foods! Their store brands Open Nature®, Signature SELECT™, Lucerne®, and O Organics® lines mean more affordable foods for everyone and there are lots of delicious options! It can really help you stick to a budget!
You can find the ingredients to make this pumpkin dump cake, and also this delicious vegan gluten-free almond butter cake!
Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop! I have to tell you, DriveUP & Go has been a huge timesaver for me. Staff will gather up your order and bring it out to your car!!
You will find everything you need at your local Safeway, or, you can also find these products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb, and Vons.
Why this recipe is special:
This recipe is special because not only do you spend less on the ingredients to make it, but the flavor is bursting with pumpkin spice and fall flavors! This cake whips up so quickly and it makes a delicious family-friendly dessert. Jazzing up boxed gluten-free cake mix by is a great cheat that saves you time!
All you need is a gluten-free yellow cake mix and pumpkin pie filling that you make from scratch! This cake keeps up to 3-4 days, or you can freeze the extras so you can enjoy this cake anytime!
- One box Open Nature Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Mix
- One can pumpkin puree - you can also roast your own pumpkin. Safeway also sells great pie pumpkins for roasting!
- Butter - if you are dairy-free, you can use vegan butter or coconut oil
- Pecans - you can also use walnuts or another nut
- Brown sugar - dark or light sugar will work beautifully for the topping.
- Lucern Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream - this creamy whipped cream has just the right amount of pumpkin spice!
- Evaporated milk - use coconut evaporated milk if you are dairy-free.
Step by step recipe directions:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350º F. Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
Step 2: Pour the wet ingredients into a greased 9x13 baking pan. This pumpkin mixture should spread on its own, but if it doesn't, use a spoon to make sure it is evenly distributed.
Step 3: Sprinkle the gluten-free cake mix over the pumpkin mixture. Try to spread it evenly but it is okay if it isn't perfect.
Step 4: Next, sprinkle the brown sugar over the cake mix. Spread the pecans over the brown sugar.
Step 5: Drizzle the melted butter over the cake. Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes. You will notice the cake is a little jiggly. The toothpick test will not work to test if the cake is done.
You are looking for a golden top of the cake. The cake will continue to set as it cools.
Slice and top with Lucerne Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream for a delicious treat!
Expert tips and recipe FAQ:
You can definitely use a favorite gluten-free cake mix to make this recipe.
You can easily make this recipe egg-free by substituting ⅓ cup applesauce and 3 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer.
You can easily make this gluten-free dump cake dairy-free by substituting the butter for vegan butter.
This cake will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator or freeze it up to 4 months.
More Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipes:
I can't wait to hear what you think of this delicious pumpkin pecan dump cake recipe! Drop me a comment to let me know how it tastes!
This is super easy and I used coconut evaporated milk and smart balance dairy free butter.Leigh Anne, Pinterest User
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 box gluten free cake mix vanilla flavor
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces evaporated milk *see note
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butter *see note
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Mix well with a whisk.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle the vanilla gluten free cake mix over the pumpkin mixture. Try to spread it out gently to make it even.
- In a small bowl, add the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix. Sprinkle it over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the sugar cinnamon mix. Drizzle the melted butter over this mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cake is done. This cake will not be a firm cake so some jiggling is okay. It will continue to set as it cools.
- I highly recommend using a gluten free vanilla flavored cake mix.
- To make this dairy free, use coconut evaporated milk (available via many grocery stores or Amazon) and vegan butter for the drizzling over the top.
- Allow to cool completely as this cake will finish setting as it cools.
- Top with whipped cream, ice cream, or enjoy plain!
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)