This moist gluten free lemon bundt cake with a lemonade icing is full of fresh lemon flavor. Gluten free bundt cakes are fancy desserts and are perfect for when friends come over for dinner!
And a bonus, this lemon dessert is also dairy-free, so if you need a gluten free and dairy free birthday cake, this recipe is for you!
If you love lemon desserts as much as we do, you will want to check out my Most Popular Gluten Free Lemon Desserts! And if you are looking for a buttery pound cake, check out this Gluten Free Lemon Pound Cake recipe too!
Click for Table of Contents:
If you have been following for a while, you know our lemon tree is overflowing with lemons. Huge lemons, the size of grapefruits! I have been making lots of delicious recipes with the fresh lemon juice, and even a few cocktails like this Tequila Lemonade.
One bite of this gluten free lemon bundt cake and you will want more and more. The fresh lemon flavor shines through!
We have been farming lemons out the best we can to friends. Last year we had so many lemons the branches were breaking on our tree. This year we are being much more proactive and I am using lemons in as many lemon recipes as I can :-).
If you are a lemon fanatic, you may love these recipes too.
- Gluten free lime bars
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Coconut Cupcakes - these are stuffed full of delicious lemon curd.
- Gluten Free Lemon Tart
This bundt cake is truly a show stopper and is perfect for entertaining, or even using the batter to make delicious cupcakes for a party. You can find many different decorative patterns in bundt cake pans.
Don't forget to spray your bundt pan with coconut oil to prevent the cake from sticking to it. Wheat free, gluten free, and Celiac safe 🙂
Note, this gluten free lemon cake recipe will also make an incredibly moist gluten free layer cake! It is perfect for a gluten free birthday cake. Just use your favorite vanilla frosting. You can add lemon curd between the layers and it is AMAZING.
**Click here to see all of the cake recipes on this blog.
- almond flour
- gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- almond or coconut milk
- powdered sugar
The first step is to add your dry ingredients and whisk to blend. I like to use King Arthur Gluten Free Flour Blend or Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend for this recipe. If your gluten free flour blend doesn't contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, you will need to add 1 teaspoon to hold your cake together.
Whisk your wet ingredients in a bowl.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just barely mixed.
How to mix gluten free cake batter:
Don't over-mix the cake batter or your cake will be denser. Spray a bundt pan with coconut oil and pour the batter into the bundt cake pan.
Bake your bundt cake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Allow cooling completely then mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make the lemonade icing. Drizzle the icing onto the cake and enjoy!
For this lemon cake recipe, you can easily use bottled lemon juice.
Lemon zest is absolutely delicious in desserts and I highly recommend adding some to get lots of lemon flavor into this gluten free lemon bund cake recipe.
The best way to see if a bundt cake is ready is to insert a toothpick into the cake. If the toothpick comes up clean, the cake is done. If there is batter or crumbs on the toothpick, bake it a little longer!
If you love bundt cakes as much as we do, check out this easy Gluten Free Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe with fresh raspberries.
If you want to try other fresh lemon desserts, check out these gluten free lemon donuts and gluten free lemon layer cake recipes! Fresh lemon is also delicious with seafood, chicken, and many other savory dishes.
Reader Gioconda M changed things up saying "thanks for this recipe I do appreciate is little oil version. I did double the glaze 😝and used lime zest and blueberry for decorations."
- Bundt pan. This non-stick bundt pan is key to create this bundt cake...otherwise, it would be titled sheet pan cake 🙂
- Mixing bowls. These rubber bottom bowls make mixing so much easier because they don't slide around your counter while you are mixing!
Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups almond or coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil I used coconut
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- For Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice add lemon juice slowly until icing is thick and drizzles when you lift the spoon out.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. (test if it is done by inserting a wooden toothpick into the cake. If crumbs come up on the toothpick, it isn't ready yet.)
- Allow cake to cool.
- Prepare icing and drizzle over cool cake.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)