This moist gluten free lemon bundt cake with a lemonade icing is full of fresh lemon flavor. Gluten free bundt cakes are fancy desserts and are perfect for when friends come over for dinner! And a bonus, this lemon dessert is also dairy free, so if you need a gluten free and dairy free birthday cake, this recipe is for you!
And, if you love lemon desserts as much as we do, you will want to check out my Most Popular Gluten Free Lemon Desserts!
Fresh Lemons in Recipes
If you have been following for a while, you know our lemon tree is overflowing with lemons. Huge lemons, the size of grapefruits! I have been making lots of delicious recipes with the fresh lemon juice, and even a few cocktails like this Tequila Lemonade.
One bite of this gluten free lemon bundt cake and you will want more and more. The fresh lemon flavor shines through!
Here is a lemon next to a pineapple. They are almost the same size. Totally crazy, right?
We have been farming lemons out the best we can to friends. Last year we had so many lemons the branches were breaking on our tree. This year we are being much more proactive and I am using lemons in as many lemon recipes as I can :-).
My Kids’ Favorite Gluten Free Lemon Desserts:
If you want to try other fresh lemon desserts, check out these gluten free lemon donuts and gluten free lemon layer cake recipes! Fresh lemon is also delicious with seafood, chicken, and many other savory dishes.
This bundt cake is truly a show stopper and is perfect for entertaining, or even using the batter to make delicious cupcakes for a party. You can find many different decorative patterns in bundt cake pans. Don’t forget to spray your bundt pan with coconut oil to prevent the cake from sticking to it. Wheat free, gluten free, and Celiac safe 🙂
Note, this gluten free lemon cake recipe will also make an incredibly moist gluten free layer cake! It is perfect for a gluten free birthday cake. Just use your favorite vanilla frosting. I added lemon curd between the layers and it was AMAZING.
**Click here to see all of the cake recipes on this blog.
More delicious lemon and lime desserts to try:
- Gluten free lime bars
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Coconut Cupcakes – these are stuffed full of delicious lemon curd.
- Gluten Free Lemon Tart
- Lemon Macarons
- almond flour
- gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn’t, add 1 teaspoon.)
- almond or coconut milk
- powdered sugar
How to make this gluten free lemon bundt cake recipe:
Whisk your wet ingredients in a bowl.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just barely mixed.
Gluten Free Cake Batter Mixing Tip:
Don’t over-mix the cake batter or your cake will be denser. Spray a bundt pan with coconut oil and pour the batter into the bundt cake pan.
Bake at 350F degrees for 50 minutes.
How to tell when the bundt cake is done?
The best way to see if a bundt cake is ready is to insert a toothpick into the cake. If the toothpick comes up clean, the cake is done. If there is batter or crumbs on the toothpick, bake it a little longer!
Here are all of the best gluten free lemon desserts, you will want to check these out!
(*Please note there is an affiliate link in this recipe. If you make a purchase using an affiliate link, it won’t change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I appreciate your support.)
Tools You Need to Make This Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe:
- Bundt pan. This non-stick bundt pan is key to create this bundt cake…otherwise, it would be titled sheet pan cake 🙂
- Mixing bowls. These rubber bottom bowls make mixing so much easier because they don’t slide around your counter while you are mixing!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups almond or coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil, I used coconut
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- For Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice, add lemon juice slowly until icing is thick and drizzles when you lift the spoon out.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. (test if it is done by inserting a wooden toothpick into the cake. If crumbs come up on the toothpick, it isn't ready yet.)
- Allow cake to cool.
- Prepare icing and drizzle over cool cake.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5), Non Slip Colorful Silicone Bottom Nesting Storage Bowls by Aammaxs-yyi, Polished Mirror Finish For Healthy Meal Mixing and Prepping 1.5-2 - 2.5-3.5 - 7QT
Nordic Ware Pro Cast Original Bundt Pan, 12 Cup
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 384 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 186mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 27g Protein: 8g
Here are 9 More Delicious Desserts to Try