Get ready for cake season with this delicious homemade gluten free vanilla cake mix. Keep cake mix on-hand so you can always have what you need to make cake. These cake mix jars also make great gifts with the printable recipe card.
Cake mix is one of those pantry staples that you always want on-hand in case of emergency. You can use it to make a cake or cupcakes pretty quickly.
I don't know about you but I have been in a pinch one too many times where I needed a cake quickly but didn't have any mix. Running to the grocery store for cake mix takes time and those mixes often have a lot of chemical preservatives.
With my homemade cake mix recipe, you can have delicious cake any time! I use simple ingredients and you can use several gluten free flour blends to make this recipe.
If you love cake as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free cake recipes.
Why this recipe is great:
- This easy DIY gluten free cake mix recipe is easy, it has minimal ingredients, and it will keep up to 8 weeks in a mason jar or air-tight container.
- You can print out the recipe card below and make this into a nice gift for neighbors, teachers, friends, and family!
This homemade gluten free cake mix makes this delicious gluten free vanilla cake (pictured above). This cake gets rave reviews from readers who have used it for every occasion from weddings, to birthdays, to holidays.
What you need to make this:
- Gluten free flour blend - I have tested this recipe with two flour blends. King Arthur Measure for Measure and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend.
- If your gluten free blend doesn't contain Xanthan Gum, you will need this too.
- Quart sized mason jars to store your muffin mix in for gift giving.
Check out my gluten free cake mix web story too for more tips.
Recipe step by step directions:
It doesn't get any easier than making this easy vanilla cake mix recipe!!
Step 1: Add all of your ingredients to the bowl.
Step 2: Whisk it really well to mix the ingredients.
Step 3: Put them into a mason jar, ziplock bag, or another air-tight container.
Step 4: Print out the printable recipe card.
Printable Cake Recipe Card:
I hope you love this cake mix as much as we do!
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
If you make the cake, you can use dairy-free milk and frosting, this cake recipe is dairy-free.
You can store this vanilla cake mix in a mason jar, ziplock bag, or another air-tight container.
This cake mix will keep up to 8 weeks in your pantry.
More DIY Gluten Free:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- Easy Gluten Free Muffin Mix
- Gluten Free Cookie Mix
Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour into a mason jar or another air-tight container.
- Print out the recipe card.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- This cake mix will keep up to 8 weeks in an air-tight container.
- Print the gluten free vanilla cake recipe card.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free holiday cookies baking tips!)