Gluten free flatbread pizza with fresh tomatoes and basil is a delicious and easy gluten free pizza dinner that your whole family will love! If you want to have a gluten free pizza party, the gluten free flatbread recipe can easily be doubled. Add your favorite pizza toppings!
If you love kid-friendly recipes, you will love these easy gluten free dinner recipes!
Gluten Free Pizza Crusts
Does your family like gluten free pizza? My family does! My kids would rather have pizza for dinner than anything else. You can even grill pizza crust!
My kids would eat pizza 4-5 days a week if I let them. I have one child who loves to heap a ton of meat on his pizza, and one picky one who will only have plain cheese pizza. In making this pizza, I am hopeful that my “picky” eater will realize that something green on a pizza is okay.
She likes basil, so hopefully, she will love this pizza.
(This post was sponsored by Mezzetta. All opinions are my own.)
Family Favorite Gluten Free Flatbread Recipe
My family loves this easy gluten free flatbread recipe! The secret to a great pizza crust is the gluten free flatbread. This is the chewy crust that holds up to sauce and toppings. I will show you below how easy it is to make a gluten free flatbread pizza…my kids love to help make them.
Have you tried Mezzetta’s pasta sauces yet? This gluten free pizza sauce is full of Italian flavor.
Mezzetta Pizza Sauce is all-natural, certified gluten free, no sugar and no paste. It is a real sauce, and you can definitely taste the difference, especially on the gluten free flatbread pizza.
I am thrilled Mezzetta went through the effort to have their products certified gluten free because knowing a product is safe takes away the stress!
How To Make Gluten Free Flatbread Recipe:
Prepare the dough and allow it to rise.
Heat a baking stone and then press the dough out on the hot baking stone. Bake the flatbread pizza crust on a pizza stone so it gets nice and crispy. With gluten free crust, it is always best to bake it before adding toppings. Otherwise, you can end up with a doughy middle.
Top the gluten free flatbread pizza crust with pizza sauce.
Add your favorite toppings. Here I used fresh basil. Do you think my daughter will try this gluten free pizza with green on top?
Bake and enjoy!!
More Delicious Kid-Friendly Recipes to Try:
Tools You Need To Make This Gluten Free Pizza Recipe:
- Pizza Stone. This is what gives you that yummy crispy crust. The handles are also really great. I have tried pizza stones without handles and I almost burned myself trying to get it out of the oven!
- Electric Mixer. Awesome mixer for pizza dough! It is my bff because it has three different attachments. I used the dough hooks to blend this dough easily!
How to Make Gluten Free Flatbread Pizza:
- 2 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons gluten free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 jar Mezzetta pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- your favorite pizza toppings!
- In a small bowl, add sugar, yeast and warm water.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes so yeast are bubbly.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- In the bowl of yeast and water, add olive oil. Pour into dry ingredients and mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat the pizza stone with a thin layer of olive oil. Put the pizza stone in the oven while preheating so it gets nice and hot. Remove the stone from the oven.
- Break pieces of dough and flatten onto the pizza stone. This will make 2-3 pizzas.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the crust is crispy.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spoon sauce onto the crust. Top with mozzarella cheese. Add your favorite toppings.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 517mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g