Gluten free pizza base cooked on a charcoal or gas grill creates the most amazing grilled gluten free pizza! Grilled pizza crust is crispy and delicious, and so fun to make! Just add your favorite pizza toppings! Learn how to make grilled pizza with this easy gluten free pizza base recipe.
Learning how to eat gluten free doesn’t have to be difficult, and with a little bit of planning ahead, it can be delicious, too! If you need a simple and delicious gluten free pizza sauce recipe, I have you covered!
Click for Table of Contents:
I have made a few pizza recipes on the blog over the past couple of years. This gluten free flatbread pizza is one of my kids' favorites. A chef friend loves to use Cup4Cup gluten free flour for his special gluten free pizza that he serves up at Lungomare in Oakland.
Why grilling is best:
What makes this new gluten free pizza base recipe different is that it cooks up on your grill. Grilled pizza crust has two big benefits.
- If it is hot outside, you can skip using the oven. Why heat up your house if you don't need to?
- The high heat from the grill makes the grilled pizza crust nice and crispy!
This may be my best gluten free pizza base recipe ever. It is so easy to learn how to grill your pizza!
I made a fun video that walks you through all of the steps to make this easy gluten free pizza base recipe. Just follow along for an awesome dinner!
Are you ready to give this grilled pizza crust a try? First, let's make the gluten free pizza base. This pizza dough is probably going to be a lot more firm than what you are used to making. It needs to be more firm to hold up to the grill.
The first step is to proof your yeast so it gets nice and foamy. This helps the pizza crust so that it isn't so dense.
Slowly add the ingredients into a mixer. (I switched to the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid mixer because it handles the dough the easiest.)
Put the gluten free pizza base dough onto a board and shape into individual pizza crusts.
Can you make this without yeast?
Unfortunately, you do need yeast for this specific pizza recipe. If you prefer to make a pizza crust without yeast, I highly recommend giving this Grain-Free Gluten Free Pizza Crust recipe a try.
Do you need a pizza stone to make this?
Nope...you don't need a pizza stone to make my grilled pizza recipe. You can plop that raw pizza crust dough right on the grill!
How do you grill pizza on a Weber grill?
Our grill is a Weber grill so this is an easy question for me to answer for you. I preheat my Weber grill on medium-high until the temperature gauge is showing 450 degrees.
Open the grill and add your pizza crusts. I grill the pizza crusts with the lid closed for 8 minutes, then open the lid and add the sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Fresh basil
Pinterest user Christine O said "Best GF pizza crust I have tried. I used Cup 4 Cup multipurpose flour. I baked mine in the oven on parchment paper for 11-12 minutes at 400 degrees."
Delicious Sides to Serve with Gluten Free Pizza:
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Carrots
- Grandma's Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Fennel and Grapefruit Salad
- Kale and Apple Salad
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 eggs
- Put the warm water in a bowl with the honey. Add the yeast and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until if foams up.
- In a mixer, add the foamy yeast, eggs, and oil. Mix to blend.
- Change to a dough hook and salt, parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup flour. Mix.
- Gradually keep adding the flour and mixing it until the dough is in a ball.
- Take the bowl off the mixer and place plastic wrap over the bowl. Allow it to sit for 30-40 minutes to rise.
- Remove the plastic wrap and place the dough onto a floured surface.
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees.
- Break the dough into 4 pieces and flatten to pizza crust shapes.
- Put the dough onto the grill and close the lid so the dough can cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Open the lid. Add sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings.
- Grill until the cheese is melted and the crust looks cooked. Make sure you check the bottom of the crust periodically to ensure it doesn't burn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 948mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.