Are you ready for one of our favorite appetizer recipes?
Serve up these cheese filled gluten free stuffed mushrooms for a crowd-pleasing appetizer! Fresh mushrooms, cheese, and sausage combine to make a delicious bite-sized appetizer. You will love how easy this gluten free stuffed mushroom recipe is to make!
Gluten Free Holiday Appetizers
Are you ready for something new to try? It is holiday season and this gluten free stuffed mushroom recipe is perfect for New Years AND game day! My team isn’t in the playoffs, but I couldn’t be more excited to watch the game anyway!
You are going to love serving your friends these gluten free cheesy sausage stuffed mushrooms.
Shopping List for Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Gluten free panko
- Cream Cheese
- Salt, pepper, spices, cilantro
Cook the sausage patties. Shred them up as they cook. You can also use link style sausage and remove the casings.
Add in the sauteed leek, mushroom stems and jalapeno peppers. Cook for 5 minutes together.
Add cream cheese and gluten free breadcrumbs.
You will end up with this delicious cheesy sausage mixture. Stuff it into washed fresh mushroom caps.
Enjoy this easy gluten free stuffed mushroom while they are hot and all of the cheese is melty and gooey :-).
More Delicious Gluten Free Appetizers:
Here are some of my most popular gluten free appetizer recipes on the blog!
Here are two more delicious appetizers for that New Year’s party.
How to make gluten free stuffed mushrooms:
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Recipe:
- Cast iron skillet to cook up the sausage mixture.
- This handy food chopper can chop up those mushroom stems easily.
- 24 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 3/4 pound raw sausage patties
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Place the caps in a baking dish. In a pan, add leeks, garlic, chopped mushroom stems, and olive oil. Saute for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove from the pan.
- Add raw sausage to the pan and cook on medium heat until browned. Use a spoon to chop the sausage so it shreds into small pieces. Cook until browned. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour in the leek mixture, jalapenos, and cream cheese into the pan. Cook on low heat until the cream cheese is melted. Add shredded cheddar and allow to melt. (*Add cilantro if you like).
- Fill each mushroom cap with the mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 73 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 129mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g
More Delicious Game Day Appetizers To Try