Get ready for the holidays with these crazy easy gluten free gingerbread cheesecake bars!
Keep reading and watch the video tutorial I made so you can watch and bake along with me!! Making this cheesecake bars recipe is so easy! If you love cheesecake as much as we do, give this gluten free pumpkin cheesecake recipe a try too!
Click for Table of Contents:
It has been ages since I have made gluten free cheesecake bars! You will remember the gluten free brownie cheesecake bars with Butterfinger that I did last year. Those are still a family favorite!! Another favorite are these mini gluten free peanut butter chocolate cheesecakes!
Today I am in the mood for gingerbread!! The holidays are almost here so why not? This is one of Mr. Fearless Dining's favorites and I want to spoil him a little bit :-).
Instead of making the whole gluten free cheesecake gluten free, I decided to just layer the different cheesecake flavors. It certainly makes these gluten free cheesecake bars pretty!!
Why this dessert is so good:
This creamy delicious gluten free gingerbread bars recipe is so easy to make. It is full of holiday flavors and you can make it as bars, or one large round cheesecake. You can use full fat or reduced fat cream cheese so you control the fat level!
There are so many ways to vary these gluten free cheesecake bars!
- Instead of gingerbread, swirl some cranberry sauce for a beautiful bright swirl in your gluten free cheesecake.
- Feel free to make a whole cheesecake in a springform pan!
- Try using gluten free gingersnaps instead of gluten free graham crackers for the crust
- Add a chocolate drizzle!
Recip step by step instructions:
Step 1: Put the softened cream cheese into a standing mixer and mix.
Step 2: add the rest of the ingredients and mix until whipped. Take out 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture and put into another bowl.
Step 3: Take one of the bowls of cream cheese mixture and add the molasses and gingerbread spice.
Step 4: Whisk to blend the gingerbread cheesecake layer.
Step 5: Put the graham crackers into a bag and crush them into crumbs. You can also do this in a food processor. Add the melted butter.
Step 6: Press the crust into a greased 8x8 pan.
Step 7: Pour the plain cheesecake mixture over the bread crumbs.
Step 8: Next, spread the gingerbread layer over the plain cheesecake layer. Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes. Note if your cake pan is taller, you may need to bake the cheesecake longer.
Gluten free crust options:
There are several gluten free graham crackers on the market that make a delicious crust for this cheesecake. I used Schar Honeygrams, but I also like:
- Pamela's Honeygrams
- Schar Honeygrams
- Gluten free oreo type cookies
More Holiday Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Eggnog Skinny Cheesecakes
- Gluten Free Ginger Cookies
- Gluten Free Eggnog Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Linzer Cookies
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars
- 16 ounces cream cheese * see note
- 2 large eggs
- 14 ounces condensed milk not evaporated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour blend * see note
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free graham crackers * see note
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 300º F. Spray coconut oil in an 8x8 pan
- In a mixer, add room temperature cream cheese, eggs, gluten free flour, and condensed milk. Mix on medium speed until creamy.
- Pour half of the cheesecake mixture into a separate bowl. Add the spices and molasses and mix.
- Put gluten free graham crackers in a plastic bag. Seal the bag and use a rolling pin to crush the crackers into crumbs.
- Pour the gluten free graham cracker crumbs into a bowl and add melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the crumb mixture to the 8x8 baking dish.
- Pour the plain cheesecake mixture over the crumb mixture. Spread it out to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Next, pour on the gingerbread cheesecake layer. Spread to coat the plain cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool, then slice carefully.
- Any gluten free flour blend should work in this recipe.
- You can use full-fat or low-fat cream cheese, I chose to use low-fat, which is why you see some lumps. For some reason low-fat doesn't get quite as whipped finely.
- My favorite gluten free graham crackers are by Pamela's and Schar. Smoreables are okay, but very hard and they do not smush as well for the crust.
- You can use regular or blackstrap molasses.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)