These delicious gluten free Brownie Cheesecake Bars are so hard to resist. Each bite you take is full of chocolate moist brownie and creamy cheesecake, chopped Butterfinger candy, and fudge. It is truly an incredible dessert.
If you love chocolate as much as I do, you will want to try all of my gluten free chocolate desserts!
Because of our busy schedule this week, I had to make this recipe over three days. I shopped the first day, baked the recipe the second day, then finished it off with the cheesecake part the third day. In doing this, it meant tempting candy would be laying around my house longer than usual.
Luckily, they left me enough to make this new recipe because I know you are going to love these gluten free cheesecake brownies. You can make bars as I show here, or make it into a big cheesecake!
Why this recipe is so worth making:
This cheesecake brownie recipe is like two desserts in one! If you are torn on what dessert to make, I can't recommend this recipe enough!! If you like your brownies really fudgy, I recommend using my Gluten Free Brownies Recipe.
This gluten free cheesecake brownie bar recipe is by far one of my favorites! I love how easy these cheesecake bars are for using up that extra candy. If you are in a hurry and want that fudgy brownie dessert asap, try my 3-minute Gluten Free Mug Brownie recipe!
- Gluten free flour blend - I tested this recipe using Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend and King Arthur's Measure for Measure Gluten Free Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- Xanthan gum - If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Cream cheese - I recommend full fat.
- Sour cream - This helps give a lot of creaminess, you can also use plain Greek yogurt if you prefer.
- Condensed milk - This gives sweetness to the cheesecake.
- Cocoa powder - There are many brands of gluten free cocoa powder. I like to use Rodelle, Anthony's, and Ghirardelli brands.
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Add your dry brownie ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to blend. Add chocolate chips, or leave them out.
Step 2: Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix.
Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix well.
Step 4: This is what the brownie batter looks like. Pour the brownie batter into an 8x8 pan and bake at 350º F for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Step 5: In a mixer, add the cheesecake ingredients. Whip them on medium-high speed until they are fluffy.
Step 6: Pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie and use a spoon or spatula to spread it over the brownies.
Step 7: Optional, chop up the Butterfinger candy and sprinkle it over the cheesecake mixture. Notice I put the baking pan into a larger pan with water in the bottom. This helps keep the cheesecake moist while baking so it doesn't crack.
Step 8: Add one inch of water to the bottom pan. This will prevent your cheesecake bars from cracking. Bake at 350º F for 25-30 minutes.
Allow the gluten free cheesecake brownies to cool and slice carefully. Slather hot fudge onto the brownies.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Butterfinger candy bars are safe for those who are gluten free, making it a great candy bar for not only baking but for holiday treats for the kids. Hello, Butterfinger cheesecake and all sorts of desserts.
You can keep these gluten free cheesecake out of the refrigerator for a day, but any longer and you want to keep them in the refrigerator. This recipe should keep for 4 days. Make sure to use a covered container so your bars don't dry out!
You can definitely use a gluten free brownie mix for this recipe to make it quicker. I like Trader Joe's gluten free brownie mix.
These brownies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
More chocolate desserts
Gluten Free Butterfinger Cheesecake Brownie Bars
For the Brownies
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa * see note
- ½ cup gluten free flour (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup milk
For the Cheesecake
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream * see note
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
- *optional fudge sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Spray coconut oil in an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add all brownie dry ingredients whisk to blend them together.
- In a smaller bowl, add in the wet ingredients and mix. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, add all cheesecake ingredients into a mixing bowl for a standing mixer.
- Mix on medium speed until creamy.
- Remove the brownies from the oven.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top.
- Optional: Sprinkle the BUTTERFINGER® pieces on top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Put the cheesecake pan into a larger pan.
- Fill the larger pan with 1 inch water.
- Bake for 25 minutes until done.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- There are several brands of gluten free cocoa powder. I like Rodelle, Anthony's, and Ghirardelli.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream if you prefer.
- These brownie cheesecake bars will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)