These delicious gluten free Cheesecake Brownie Bars are so hard to resist. Chocolaty moist brownie topped with creamy cheesecake, chopped Butterfinger candy, and fudge.
I am in love with Butterfinger candy bars. They are not only gluten free, but they are so fun to bake with.
Because of our busy schedule this week, I had to make this recipe over three days. I shopped the first day, baked the gluten free brownie the second day, then finished it off with the cheesecake part the third day. In doing this, it meant tempting candy would be laying around my house longer than usual.
I used Butterfinger’s Easter eggs for this recipe, but regular Butterfinger will work too! Grab a bar and smash it up. Sprinkle it on top and bake!
I didn’t realize how hard it would be for my husband and kids to resist the temptation of eating the candy. Next came a big “Do Not Eat Until I Say When” sign on the bags of candy. You may be laughing that I need to do this, but if I don’t put a sign on the sweets, it will vanish quickly!
Once you try this EASY gluten free brownie cheesecake recipe, you will want to make it again and again.
Are Butterfinger Candy Bars Gluten Free?
Butterfinger candy bars are safe for those who are gluten free, making it a great candy bar for not only baking but for holiday treats for the kids. Hello, Butterfinger cheesecake and all sorts of desserts.
You may have noticed that I have created several recipes using candy over the past few months. Butterfinger is one of my very favorite gluten free candies. Not only is it good on its own, but it adds a crispy flavor to my baking as well. Check out this Gluten Free Baby Ruth Pumpkin Bundt Cake or these Gluten Free Butterfinger Pumpkin Cupcakes!
Butterfinger is made out of peanuts and peanut butter, which is mixed with sugar candy to make its unusual texture. Next, it is dipped in chocolate! One of these days I want to try making my own!
This gluten free cheesecake brownie bar recipe is by far one of my favorites! I love how easy these cheesecake bars are for using up that extra candy.
The shopping list of ingredients for these gluten free cheesecake brownie bars:
- Gluten free flour blend (if yours doesn’t have Xanthan Gum, add 1 teaspoon)
- Cream Cheese
- Sour cream
- Coconut milk and condensed milk
- Butterfinger candy
How do you make cheesecake brownie bars?
Chop up the candy.
Make the brownie mix, put it in the bottom of the baking pan, and bake it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Blend together the creamy cheesecake ingredients and pour on top of the brownie.
Top with the chopped up candy and bake. Notice I put the baking pan into a larger pan with water in the bottom. This helps keep the cheesecake moist while baking so it doesn’t crack.
Allow to cool fully, slice and slather hot fudge onto brownies, so if you love chocolate, try that :-).
Do you have to refrigerate cheesecake brownie bars?
You can keep these gluten free cheesecake out of the refrigerator for a day or two…but any longer and you want to keep them in the refrigerator. This recipe should keep for 4 days. Make sure to use a covered container so your bars don’t dry out!
Can you use a brownie mix for this recipe?
You can definitely use a gluten free brownie mix for this recipe to make it quicker. I like Trader Joe’s gluten free brownie mix, also a company called Brandless.com sells gluten free brownie mix for only $3 a box and it is GOOD!
More Gluten Free Brownie and Cheesecake Recipes to Try:
- Skinny Eggnog Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake
- Flourless Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Gluten Free S’mores Brownie Tarts
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend. It will make these brownies so good, I promise!
- This non-stick baking pan is just the right size to make these gluten free brownie bars.
- For the Brownie:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- For Cheesecake:
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash salt
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 6 BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs, chopped
- *optional fudge sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil in a 7x7 baking dish.
- In a mixer, add all brownie wet ingredients and mix.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, add all cheesecake ingredients (except for the BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until creamy.
- Remove the brownies from the oven.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs on top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Put the cheesecake pan into a larger pan.
- Fill the larger pan with 1 inch water.
- Bake for 25 minutes until done.
- Remove and allow to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 8g