If you love eggnog, these gluten free eggnog cupcakes will make your day. Feel free to use regular or dairy-free eggnog in this recipe! Sweet spicy flavors and a creamy frosting make this a popular holiday dessert!
For the best cupcake recipes, check out my Gluten Free Cupcakes resource guide!!
I am still on my eggnog binge. This time I made some fluffy light gluten free eggnog cupcakes. If you love eggnog as much as we do over the holidays, check out all of these crazy good Gluten Free Eggnog Recipes!
Types of Eggnog:
Did you know you can buy eggnog with regular milk, or dairy free with almond milk or soy milk? Having a variety of eggnogs helps give people with food allergies the chance to have their favorite holiday flavors.
You can even learn how to make your own eggnog.
(You will recall my eggnog in this gluten free eggnog chocolate chip scones recipe from last week. Eggnog adds sweet spice to these desserts.)
Today my daughter’s friend was having a birthday and we needed safe gluten free cupcakes so my daughter could also enjoy a treat. This is something we have had to deal with since she was in 4th grade.
Kids and food allergies:
It is so hard for kids to fit in when they have a food allergy. Their desserts that we make “look” different from what is served at the party…and if it is a pizza party, their gluten free pizza is cold by the time the end of the party rolls around.
But, it is far easier for me to make and bring a gluten free treat to birthday parties than risk my child getting sick from gluten and cross contamination.
Well, I think these gluten free eggnog cupcakes are pretty enough to bring to the party.
Gluten Free Sprinkles
The golden stars are sprinkles I found that were made by Wilton…and they add a little jazz and fanciness to these cupcakes :-). Feel free to sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top if you don’t want the sugary sprinkles.
You can also check out all of these Gluten Free Sprinkles online to choose the one best for you.
And, luckily for me, there are lots of extra so I can enjoy one with a cup of coffee!
You can go here to see all of the cake and cupcake recipes on this site.
How to make dairy free, gluten free eggnog cupcakes:
Here is a shot of the batter consistency. See how light and creamy it looks?
More Delicious Gluten Free Holiday Recipes:
- Gluten Free Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Gluten Free Holiday Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
- Gluten Free Eggnog Skinny Cheesecake
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Muffin pan. This is a fabulous pan that creates the perfect sized cupcakes.
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Flour Blend. This is my go-to gluten free flour blend lately because it makes such light and fluffy baked treats.
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- dash salt
- For Icing:
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, add all wet ingredients.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients while beating on medium high speed.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Use a soup scoop to pour batter into each, so they are about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and put on a cooling rack.
- For icing
- Put powdered sugar into a mixer. Power it on low and add eggnog.
- Turn the speed up until the icing is whipped.
- Spread onto cupcakes when they are cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 229 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 57mg Sodium: 79mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 29g Protein: 3g