If you love ginger, this Gluten Free Ginger Cookie recipe will make your day!
Not only are these gluten free gingersnap cookies bursting with ginger and molasses flavors, but there are also chunks of candied ginger to add a delicious zing! Get ready for the holidays with these amazing gluten free cookie recipes.
Gingersnaps are Special
My husband has been begging me to make him a gluten free ginger cookie for about a month now.
When he was a programmer, gingersnap cookies were his "team's" go-to snack. The guys would dig in and eat these cookies during those late nights to keep them energized.
Although my husband doesn't miss those "all nighters" getting the code ready for products to ship, he does miss gingersnaps since going gluten free."
This easy gluten free ginger cookie recipe is perfect for the holidays, or anytime!
(If you LOVE ginger like we do, you may want to try these Gluten Free Gingerbread Magic Bars.
The gluten free gingersnap cookies we buy in the store are usually very hard and crunchy. We often will use these store-bought crunchy gingersnaps for pie crusts, but they can be hard to eat out of the bag.
I love that this cookie recipe is full of ginger. It is a delicious fragrant spice that has so many medicinal benefits. (Not to mention it is wonderful for an upset stomach!)
My gluten free ginger cookie recipe makes cookies that are more chewy, soft, and they seem to just melt in your mouth!
Candied ginger adds an extra zing! There are so many things you can do with these gingersnaps! You can eat them as they are, drizzle icing on top, or even make whoopie pies out of them with a little frosting.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Add white chocolate chips for a sweeter cookie
- To make these nut free, substitute the ½ cup almond flour for ¼ more of the gluten free flour blend.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn't contain xanthan gum, add 1 teaspoon!
- I have made this recipe with a butter substitute, butter, and coconut oil. The cookies spread a little more with the coconut oil, but still taste delicious. This is the best way to keep this recipe dairy free!
Can these cookies be frozen?
Definitely! Most of the cookie recipes on my blog can be frozen. We do this all of the time so that we don't overeat the sweets!
These gluten free gingersnap cookies make delicious Christmas cookies, and are perfect for a holiday cookie exchange!
Whisk in the wet ingredients to blend them well.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix well and add the candied ginger pieces. If you love a LOT of ginger flavor, feel free to add more candied ginger!
Can you use a standing mixer?
You can easily use a standing mixer to make this easy gluten free cookie recipe.
How long do you bake gluten free cookies?
These gluten free molasses cookies take about 8 minutes to bake at 350 degrees F.
More Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Strawberry Linzer Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Gluten Free Kumquat Madeleine Cookies
- A great cookie sheet. This is something that is important so your cookies cook evenly.
- Cookie scoop. These are great so that your cookies are all the same size.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray non-stick oil onto a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, put batter onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven onto a cooling rack.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)