If you love chocolate and peanut butter together, this new creamy gluten free peanut butter chocolate cheesecake recipe is for you!! Peanut butter and this dreamy gluten free chocolate cookie crust make the perfect combination.
Cheesecakes are one of our favorite desserts. Check out all of my gluten free cheesecake recipes to find your new favorite!
This is an unsolicited plug for a place I love finding cute kitchen toys at…Do you like to shop at Target?
I hate to admit it, but I love Target. I always find something fun in the kitchen department. This week I found these super cute mini springform pans for only $11.99 (for all three!)
TOTAL BARGAIN! What better way to use them than these mini gluten free peanut butter chocolate cheesecakes?
Peanut butter and chocolate were just made to go together, drizzle hot fudge on top and these will be hard to resist. In fact, any cheesecake is hard to resist. That is why I am so excited to share this creamy peanut butter gluten free cheesecake recipe with you. It melts in your mouth.
You may also want to check out these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies Bars, No-Bake Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie, and these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Donuts too! If candy is your thing, it doesn’t get any easier than this Homemade Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Candy!
Aren’t these little mini springform pans cute? If you don’t see them at your local target, you can grab these Mini Springform Pans at Amazon. What I like best about the size is that it helps us control our portions a lot better.
Put a full cheesecake in front of me and I have a hard time stopping at one slice. With these mini cheesecakes, I can split one with my husband. That is it. I don’t see the other ones…out of sight, out of mind; right?
They are so small, but they are built the same way a regular-sized springform pan is. If I had to judge how these compare the sizes to regular cheesecake, I would say these three mini springform pans equal 1/2 of a full cheesecake recipe. You can also make this recipe in a baking dish and cut these up to make peanut butter chocolate cheesecake bars!
This gluten free cheesecake recipe is easy and versatile. I love the chocolate crust with the creamy peanut butter.
What is Greek cream cheese?
For this cheesecake recipe, I used Greek cream cheese. It is a high protein cream cheese that I love to use. (*If you only have regular cream cheese, that is fine too!) The creaminess of the cheesecake is balanced out by the chocolate almond crust.
These cheesecakes are pretty healthy considering they are coated in chocolate fudge :-).
How to make peanut butter cheesecake:
First, grab your crust ingredients. Add them to a bowl and mix well.
Spray the springform pans with coconut oil then divide the crust mixture into the three pans. Press the crust down in each pan.
In a mixer, add the wet cheesecake ingredients and mix well. See how thick and creamy the cheesecake batter is?
Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust in each pan. Put the pans in a shallow baking pan with water. This will help prevent cracks. Bake. Allow cooling. Drizzle hot fudge on top.
Ways to vary this cheesecake recipe:
- Add mini chocolate chips to the peanut butter cheesecake batter before baking.
- Use crushed gluten free oreo style cookies for the crust.
- Top with crushed peanuts
Bake, chill, and eat :-). I bet you can’t resist these peanut butter cheesecakes for long!
Can you make this cheesecake recipe dairy-free?
You can make this peanut butter cheesecake recipe dairy-free by using dairy-free cream cheese, like Daiya or Kite Hill brand. You would also want to find a dairy-free sour cream substitute, or use dairy-free plain yogurt by one of the above brands.
How do you prevent the cheesecake from cracking?
The best way to prevent your cheesecake from cracking is to bake in a water bath. When the cheesecakes are done, allow them to cool slowly by turning off the oven and cracking the door for about 10 minutes before removing them.
Can you make one large peanut butter cheesecake?
You can definitely make this gluten free peanut butter cheesecake in a large springform pan. You will need to bake a lot longer, about an hour.
Check out all of my gluten free dessert recipes on Fearless Dining! (*This post was updated from an older 5/2016 post.)
Tools you need to make this recipe:
- Mini Springform Pans: I found a set of inexpensive springform pans, just in case you don’t see them at Target.
- Electric mixer: My favorite, easy to use mixer and it comes with three attachments so you can use it for everything.
- For Crust:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1/2 teaspoon.)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- For Cheesecake:
- 1 package Greek cream cheese, softened (*you can use regular as well if you can't find this), 8 ounces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, I used Skippy Natural because it is really creamy and easy to mix in
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour blend
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add all crust ingredients and mix well.
- Spray coconut oil in the springform pans and then divide the crust mixture between the three min pans.
- Use a spoon to press the crust down flat in each pan.
- In a mixer, add all cheesecake ingredients and mix on low.
- Gradually increase the speed to medium and allow to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter over each crust.
- Fill a large shallow baking dish with 1 inch of water.
- Put the springform pans into the water.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until done.
- Remove from the oven carefully so the hot water doesn't spill and burn you.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 40 minutes, then transfer to a refrigerator for 2 hours to finish cooling.
- *Optional, drizzle hot fudge on top.
If you don't have these mini springform pans, you can easily make one large cheesecake.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 568Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 23gProtein: 15g
If you love cheesecake, these Gluten Free Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potato Cheesecakes are so creamy good!
If you love peanut butter, try these incredible Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls.