If you love chocolate and peanut butter together, this new creamy gluten free peanut butter cheesecake recipe is for you!! Peanut butter and this dreamy gluten free chocolate cookie crust make the perfect combination.
Peanut butter and chocolate were just made to go together, drizzle hot fudge on top and these will be hard to resist. In fact, any cheesecake is hard to resist. That is why I am so excited to share this creamy peanut butter gluten free cheesecake recipe with you. It melts in your mouth.
This gluten free peanut butter cheesecake recipe is easy and versatile. I love the chocolate crust flavor with creamy peanut butter. It makes a great dessert for any peanut butter lover!
Cheesecakes are one of my favorite desserts. If you love cheesecake too, check out this amazing gluten free pumpkin cheesecake recipe!
Why this recipe is great:
Honestly, anything peanut butter makes Mr. Fearless Dining happy :-). These gluten free peanut butter cheesecakes are easy to make, and there are some fun ways to vary this recipe! High protein Greek cream cheese add some protein to balance out the sugars.
- Gluten free flour blend - You can use any brand for this recipe.
- Cream cheese - For this cheesecake recipe, I used Greek cream cheese. It is a high-protein cream cheese that I love to use. (*If you only have regular cream cheese, that is fine too!)
- Almond flour - You can also use an almond meal for this crust.
- Cocoa powder- Make sure the powder you use is gluten free. I like to use Rodelle, Anthony's, and Ghirardelli brands.
- Cream cheese - Use any type. I used Greek cream cheese, which is higher in protein.
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Grab your crust ingredients and add them to a bowl. Mix it up.
Step 2: Spray the springform pans with coconut oil then divide the chocolate crust mixture into the three pans. Press the crust down in each pan.
Aren't these little mini springform pans cute? You can grab these Mini Springform Pans at Amazon. What I like best about the small size is that it helps us control our portions a lot better.
Step 3: In a mixer, add the wet cheesecake ingredients and mix well. See how thick and creamy the gluten free cheesecake batter is? It will make the best gluten free peanut butter cheesecake!
Step 4: Pour the peanut butter cheesecake batter over the crust in each pan. Put the pans in a shallow baking pan with water. This will help prevent cracks. Bake at 325º F for 25 minutes. Note if you use one large springform pan, the baking time will be much longer.
Step 5: Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for 45 minutes. Drizzle hot fudge over the top.
- Add mini chocolate chips to the peanut butter cheesecake batter before baking.
- Use crushed gluten free oreo style cookies for the crust.
- Top with crushed peanuts
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can make this peanut butter cheesecake recipe dairy-free by using dairy-free cream cheese, like Daiya or Kite Hill brand. You would also want to find a dairy-free sour cream substitute, or use dairy-free plain yogurt by one of the above brands.
The best way to prevent your cheesecake from cracking is to bake in a water bath. When the cheesecakes are done, allow them to cool slowly by turning off the oven and cracking the door for about 10 minutes before removing them.
You can definitely make this gluten free peanut butter cheesecake in a large springform pan. You will need to bake a lot longer, about an hour.
These cheesecakes will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
More gluten free peanut butter desserts:
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies Bars
- No-Bake Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Donuts
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Candy!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
- For Crust:
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add ½ teaspoon.)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ stick of butter melted
- For Cheesecake:
- 1 package Greek cream cheese softened (*you can use regular as well if you can't find this), 8 ounces
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter I used Skippy Natural because it is really creamy and easy to mix in
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour blend
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add all crust ingredients and mix well.
- Spray coconut oil in the springform pans and then divide the crust mixture between the three min pans.
- Use a spoon to press the crust down flat in each pan.
- In a mixer, add all cheesecake ingredients and mix on low.
- Gradually increase the speed to medium and allow to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter over each crust.
- Fill a large shallow baking dish with 1 inch of water.
- Put the springform pans into the water.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until done.
- Remove from the oven carefully so the hot water doesn't spill and burn you.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 40 minutes, then transfer to a refrigerator for 2 hours to finish cooling.
- *Optional, drizzle hot fudge on top.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free holiday cookies baking tips!)
Check out all of my gluten free dessert recipes on Fearless Dining! (*This post was updated from an older 5/2016 post.)