I am so excited to share this easy gluten free cranberry yogurt cake recipe with you! This cake is creamy and full of fresh fruit flavors! It is a beautiful cake for a holiday party.
Get ready for the fall and holiday season with all of my delicious gluten free cranberry recipes!
What is Yogurt Cake?
A yogurt cake is a delicious, creamy cake that is made with yogurt. Have you ever made a cake made with yogurt? They puff up while they are baking, then they fall back down…almost like a soufflé. Yogurt makes the cake nice and creamy!
What I love about this cake is that it tastes as it came from a bakery…but it is so easy to make! Keep reading down, I made a recipe video to show you how easy this cake is to make!
You are going to love this easy yogurt cake recipe. You can easily adapt it to use your favorite fruits. I chose cranberry and orange to make this a fun holiday cake. It is perfect for entertaining!
Do you know what else is special about this orange yogurt cake? It is a showstopper dessert that is perfect for holiday entertaining. (But don’t let this cake fool you! You can use all sorts of fresh fruits in this gluten free yogurt cake recipe so you can enjoy it all year long!!)
Fun fruits to try in this cake include:
Are you ready to make this easy yogurt cake?
- Gluten free flour blend
- Avocado oil, or other light oil
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Lemon juice
- Fresh cranberries
- Full-fat yogurt
How to make a gluten free cranberry yogurt cake:
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
Separate the eggs and add the egg whites to a bowl. Use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
Pour the oil into the egg yolk. Mix well.
Whisk the egg yolks and flour mixture into the whipped egg whites.
Gently fold the fresh cranberries into the egg white mixture.
Pour the gluten free cranberry yogurt cake batter into a greased springform pan and bake.
Substitutions and variations for this easy yogurt cake:
- Substitute different fruits. I made a similar cake with figs.
- Add a fun coconut graham crust like in this apple tart recipe.
- Make your cake with more protein by using Greek Yogurt.
Can you make this cake dairy-free?
You can easily make this yogurt cake dairy-free by using a dairy-free yogurt.
How do you know when the yogurt cake is done baking?
To determine if your yogurt cake is finished baking, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes back clean, it is ready. If there is batter or crumbs on the toothpick, it will need to bake longer.
*Cake Pan TIP* You can make this cake in a cake pan, but it will probably spill over when it rises. I really recommend using a springform pan for this recipe.
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil , or other light oil
- 13 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces full fat yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate eggs. Add the egg whites to a large bowl. Whip until they form still peaks.
- Combine the egg yolks and oil in a small bowl. Mix well. Add the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, add the gluten free flour blend and sugar. Whisk to blend.
- Add yogurt, egg yolk mixture, vanilla, zest, cranberries, and coconut milk to a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the stiff egg whites and gently fold together.
- Pour into a greased springform pan. Spread out the batter so the top is flat.
- Put the springform pan onto another pan in case of leaks or drips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 205 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 36mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 4g
More Yummy Desserts to Try!