I am so excited to share this easy gluten free cranberry orange yogurt cake recipe with you! This cake is creamy and full of fresh fruit flavors! It is a beautiful cake for a holiday party.
(*this post was sponsored by Real California Milk. All opinions are my own.)
What is Yogurt Cake?
Have you ever made a cake made with yogurt? They puff up while they are baking, then they fall back down…almost like a soufflé. Yogurt makes the cake nice and creamy!
What I love about this cake is that it tastes as it came from a bakery…but it is so easy to make! Keep reading down, I made a recipe video to show you how easy this cake is to make!
You are going to love this easy yogurt cake recipe. You can easily adapt it to use your favorite fruits. I chose cranberry and orange to make this a fun holiday cake. It is perfect for entertaining!
Do you know what else is special about this orange yogurt cake? It is made with yogurt using Real California Milk!
I am partnering today with Real California Milk to help spread the word about a wonderful way to help those less fortunate than ourselves.
Here are a couple more examples of the seal to spot:
Real California Milk isn’t just a pretty seal on the box! This seal represents a commitment from California milk farmers and their families to produce quality milk. They believe in real food by real families.
Substitutions and variations for this easy yogurt cake:
- Substitute different fruits. I made a similar cake with figs.
- Add a fun coconut graham crust like in this apple tart recipe.
- Make your cake with more protein by using Greek Yogurt.
Are you ready to see how to make this easy yogurt cake recipe?
*TIP* You can make this cake in a cake pan, but it will probably spill over when it rises. I really recommend using a springform pan for this recipe.
Here is a video to show you how easy this cake is to make!
How to make a cake made with yogurt:
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil , or other light oil
- 13 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces full fat yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate eggs. Add the egg whites to a large bowl. Whip until they form still peaks.
- Combine the egg yolks and oil in a small bowl. Mix well. Add the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, add the gluten free flour blend and sugar. Whisk to blend.
- Add yogurt, egg yolk mixture, vanilla, zest, cranberries, and coconut milk to a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the stiff egg whites and gently fold together.
- Pour into a greased springform pan. Spread out the batter so the top is flat.
- Put the springform pan onto another pan in case of leaks or drips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 205 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 36mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 4g
More Yummy Desserts to Try!