If you are a peanut butter fanatic, these gluten free triple chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies are for you!
Creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips will tempt you to eat more than one of these gluten free cookies!
Peanut butter, check.
Chocolate chips, check.
Crunchy Heath bits, check.
Ready, set, dive in!
IT IS GLUTEN FREE COOKIE TIME!
Do you have family members who can’t stay out of your peanut butter jar?
My husband and my son are the guilty ones in our house. Give them a spoon and a jar of peanut butter, and they are as happy as can be.
Just wait until they see all of the chips I loaded into these cookies. Not one kind of chocolate chips, but three different chips! I love adding chips of all kinds in recipes. Check out this No-Churn Caramel Chip Ice Cream or this Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough recipe.
Hopefully, these gluten free peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies will brighten their day!
Why Peanut Butter is So Awesome to Bake With
We should name these gluten free peanut butter cookies “Peanut Butter Lovers” cookies. Everyone who loves peanut butter could relate :-).
Why You Must Use Certified Gluten Free Oats
I love adding rolled oats to my gluten free cookie recipes, but it is really important to ensure your oats are certified gluten free!! Technically, oats are gluten free, but you can run into a lot of cross-contamination of oats. Ensuring your brand is certified gluten free will prevent the possibility of glutening, and all of the miserable symptoms that go with it. Here are some of my favorite certified gluten free oats to use.
How to Make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
Mix up the dry ingredients. Use a whisk to really blend the ingredients together.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. You can see how thick the wet ingredients are.
Use a cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto a baking sheet. Yummy cookie dough! All you have to do now is bake!
I used a cookie scoop to make sure these cookies were all the same size. Don’t forget to flatten the cookie dough balls slightly so they all bake in a uniform way!
More Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Gluten Free Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Gluten Free Coffee Flour Cookies
- Gluten Free Ginger Cookies
Things You Need To Make This Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
- Certified gluten free oats. It is so important to make sure your oats are safe!
- Fine grind almond flour gives an extra protein boost.
- Authentic Foods Sorghum Flour is the best finely ground flour.
- Xanthan gum helps hold all of the ingredients together better.
- 1 cup certified gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Heath bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil on a cookie sheet to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and blend.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Add chips and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until done.
- Remove from the oven and put cookies onto a cooling rack to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 49mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 3g
(*Note, I updated the photos in this old post from 1/5/15.)