Of all the 7 layer bars I have made in the past month, these gluten free peppermint 7 layer bars are my favorite. I am a total sucker for candy canes!
These 7 layer bars are full of peppermint flavor. I found Andes Peppermint Crunch Candy Chips at our grocery store this week and I knew exactly what recipe I wanted to create around them. (These are the ones in the red bag.)
I know I have gone on and on in previous posts about how much I love 7 layer bars. They are my cookie bar weakness. We all have to have that one thing that is our downfall, and 7 layer bars are apparently mine. 🙂
I have created several fun flavors of 7 layer bars lately and I am really excited to share this new recipe with you.
(*Please note this post contains affiliate links. Purchasing from these links does not change the price you pay, but a tiny commission comes to me to help offset costs from running this site. I really appreciate your support!!)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut lightly sweetened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10x10 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add cocoa powder, peppermint extract, and gluten free graham cracker crumbs.
- Toss these with the melted butter.
- Pour crust into baking dish and spread to cover the bottom.
- Press down to compact the crust.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the condensed milk on top.
- Add coconut layer.
- Top with peppermint crunch.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
For more desserts, visit my Gluten Free Desserts Board on Pinterest!
If you want to try more fun ways to enjoy 7 layer bars…