Of all the 7 layer bars I have made in the past month, these gluten free peppermint 7 layer bars are my favorite. I am a total sucker for candy canes! These sweet bars are perfect for the holidays, but I have to confess, I make them all year long…they are that good!
If you love 7 layer bars, aka magic bars as much as we do, I have a LOT of fun variations so check out these delicious 7 Layer Bars recipes.
These 7 layer bars are full of peppermint flavor. I found Andes Peppermint Crunch Candy Chips at our grocery store this week and I knew exactly what recipe I wanted to create around them. (These are the ones in the red bag.)
I know I have gone on and on in previous posts about how much I love 7 layer bars. They are my cookie bar weakness. We all have to have that one thing that is our downfall, and 7 layer bars are apparently mine. 🙂
I have created several fun flavors of 7 layer bars lately and I am really excited to share this new recipe with you.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut, lightly sweetened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10x10 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add cocoa powder, peppermint extract, and gluten free graham cracker crumbs.
- Toss these with the melted butter.
- Pour crust into baking dish and spread to cover the bottom.
- Press down to compact the crust.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the condensed milk on top.
- Add coconut layer.
- Top with peppermint crunch.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 108mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 16g Protein: 3g
If you want to try more fun ways to enjoy 7 layer bars…