I am in the mood for pumpkin...gluten free pumpkin seven layer bars to be exact 🙂 Have you ever made magic bars? This easy pumpkin magic bar recipe is a wonderful variation for fall.
Creamy, chocolaty, with a graham cracker crust...you, will want to make this pumpkin magic bars recipe over and over again! If you love pumpkin recipes as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes on the blog!
Click for Table of Contents:
I haven't made a seven layer bar since going gluten free. Now I can have my childhood favorite with pumpkin!"
When I was young, this was a special treat for me. If there was a bake sale, a seven layer bar was the first thing I would buy. I think it was the gooey coconut layer that was my favorite. I would pick the coconut strands out and eat them one by one with other toppings stuck on them.
Today I want to switch things up and make a magic bars recipe that reminds me of fall. Fall is my favorite time of year and pumpkin flavors is at the top of my list! If you aren't into pumpkin, I have many different gluten free 7 layer bars recipes you can try:
- These Gluten Free Gingerbread 7 Layer Bars are full of gingerbread flavor and are perfect for Christmas.
- Peppermint is good all year long and these Gluten Free Peppermint 7 Layer Bars are so worth it.
- If you love gooey caramel, these Gluten Free Caramel 7 Layer Bars should be made soon!
Since it is almost fall, I decided to update my favorite magic bars recipe to make it more festive...Not to mention I love pumpkin desserts! I added gluten free gingersnaps and pumpkin to the crust layers, making it a perfect fall layered dessert.
My easy gluten free pumpkin bars recipe will leave you wanting to make another batch because these will disappear quickly."
The first step is to mix a blend of:
- graham crackers
- almond meal
It all sticks together with butter, or coconut oil if you want these gluten free bars to be dairy-free too.
What are the layers in these bars?
The seven layers in this pumpkin magic bars recipe are gluten free graham crackers and almond flour, pureed pumpkin, condensed milk, coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
Next is to add the gooey pumpkin and coconut sugar layer. Just wait until you taste the flavor that this adds to these amazing 7 layer bars.
My favorite coconut layer is next :-). I use unsweetened shredded coconut. I highly advise doing the same as these bars are very sweet and don't need the extra sugar.
Can you make this recipe dairy-free?
Condensed milk sets the ingredients together. To make this pumpkin 7 layers bars recipe dairy-free, you can use coconut condensed milk. (I found this at both Sprout Market and Raley's.)
You can also use coconut oil instead of butter in the graham cracker layer.
The final layers are the chips and nuts. Here are some fun substitutions to customize this recipe:
- Use pecans or slivered almonds instead of walnuts
- Use white chocolate chips or the new salted caramel chips by Hershey's. Butterscotch chips are also pretty tasty in with the fall pumpkin flavors!
- As I mentioned above, you can use coconut condensed milk if you are avoiding dairy.
How long do you bake this dessert?
You will want to bake these pumpkin seven-layer bars for 25 minutes at 350F degrees. Please note that these bars are very hot and it is important to let these seven-layer bars cool before cutting or handling.
Will these bars freeze well?
These gluten free pumpkin 7 layer bars do freeze well! I often freeze these bars so that I have a sweet pumpkin treat anytime :-).
You can see the typical layers of a 7 layer bar in this close up shot, plus the added pumpkin!
(*Please note, these magic bars are gooey and that is okay. Once they cool to room temperature, you can cut them. Definitely make sure you put them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting.)
Gluten Free Pumpkin 7 Layer Bars
- 6 Schar Cookie Honeygrams should be 1/2 cup total
- 10 gluten free ginger snaps should be 1/2 cup total
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 8 ounces condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put cookies in a zip top bag. Let the air out and seal the top.
- Take a rolling pin and crush the cookies into crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a small bowl.
- Add almond flour.
- Mix well.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt butter in the microwave.
- Remove from the microwave and pour into crumbs.
- Mix well.
- Spray a 9x9 pan with coconut oil.
- Pour in crust and press to flatten.
- In a small bowl, add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut sugar.
- Pour this on top of the crust.
- Next, sprinkle on the shredded coconut.
- Pour the condensed milk on top to coat the coconut.
- Lastly, sprinkle the chocolate chips and nuts on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
Want more pumpkin?? Try these Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts!