These Gluten Free Gingerbread 7 Layer Cookies are as close to utopia as you can get.
If you love gingerbread and seven layer cookies, this gluten free and egg free version is pretty amazing! Scroll down to watch a video that shows you how to make this easy gluten free holiday cookie recipe.
Magic Bars or 7 Layer Bars?
Do you call these creamy bars magic bars or 7 layer bars?
I don’t know what else to say about this mouthwatering gluten free seven layer cookie recipe other than I caught my son making noise in the kitchen a few moments ago. Next thing I know I see him run up the stairs with this hands hidden in his sweatshirt pockets.
Suspicion made me follow quietly behind him. These gingerbread 7 layer cookies must be really good for him to sneak food upstairs and risk getting a lecture :-).
As I suspected…he had two of these seven layer cookies in hand. I will spare you the lecture I gave him, but please be warned, if you make these gluten free gingerbread 7 layer bars, watch all suspicious behaviors in your kitchen!
Your family will want these Gingerbread Gluten Free Magic Cookie Bars again and again!!
I enriched the gingerbread flavor with candied ginger. I bought my candied ginger at my local grocery store. You can also make your own with this easy candied ginger recipe.
Chop these up into tiny pieces to add delicious ginger flavors to these magic bars.
These creamy gluten free gingerbread magic bars are hard to resist!! These gingerbread magic bars are perfect for the holidays and gift exchanges!
Variations and Substitutions for these gluten free gingerbread bars.
- Add nuts like almond slivers or chopped pecans
- Try white chocolate chips instead of dark!
- Add almond meal to the crust for added protein
More Gluten Free Holiday Desserts To Try:
- Gluten Free Candied Ginger White Chocolate Biscotti
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Donuts
- Gluten Free Eggnog Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Minty Sugar Cookies
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need To Make This Gluten Free Gingerbread Magic Bar Recipe:
- This baking pan is the perfect size to make these cookie bars in.
- Gluten free graham cracker crumbs. These are the foundation for a fabulous crust!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free gingersnaps
- 1/2 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup candied ginger chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can coconut condensed milk, (or regular if you don't need dairy free)
- 1 cup coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking dish, spray coconut oil or other oil on sides to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl, add all crumbs.
- Pour in melted butter and stir to mix.
- Pour crumb mixture into baking dish and spread along the bottom.
- Pat down crust.
- Add chips and nuts and spread along whole crust.
- Pour condensed milk all over the top of chips and nuts.
- Add ginger chips and then spread coconut along the top.
- Press down on everything slightly.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 406 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 262mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 26g Protein: 4g
More Yummy Holiday Cookie Ideas!