If you like Madeleines, here is a delicious gluten free version that is perfect for fall! One bite of these soft cake-like Gluten Free Pumpkin Madeleines and you will be hooked too! These little Madeleines are also dairy-free!
Decoration possibilities are endless, we chose to make these cute little mice :-). If you love all things pumpkin as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious Gluten Free Pumpkin recipes!
I finally broke down and bought a Madeleine pan :-)!
It was one of those things I really couldn’t justify buying in the past. My husband sort of laughed at me when we were shopping. “Why would you want to make fancy shaped cookies?” he asked. Ha, he doesn’t know me as well as he thought :-).
Halloween Party Cookies:
Well, why not? And while I was at it, I turned these Dairy Free, Gluten Free Pumpkin Madeleines into cute little mice for Halloween. These little cake-like cookies will be the hit of your party!
These cookies are moist with crispy edges. They have just the right amount of pumpkin flavor to balance out the dark chocolate. They are absolutely delicious!
I hope you enjoy these as much as our family did. Feel free to dip them in chocolate if you don’t want to make little mice out of these cookies!”
Dipping in the dark chocolate was a little more challenging because my chocolate melted really thick. Next time I think I would just drizzle the chocolate on.
Here are more delicious Gluten Free Madeleine recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Madeleines
- Gluten Free Chocolate Madeleines with Crushed Candy Cane
- Gluten Free Butterscotch Madeleines
- Gluten Free Kumquat Madeleines
Ingredients you need to make these Gluten Free Pumpkin Madeleines:
- Gluten Free Flour Blend
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Sugar and Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Pumpkin Pie Spice and Cinnamon
- Baking Powder and Salt
- Non-dairy Milk
Add the dry ingredients, including the coconut sugar in a bowl. Whisk to blend.
Add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Wet and dry ingredients are ready to mix. Make sure you mix the batter well.
(These are a different kind of Madeleine, but I included this photo so you can see what the batter looks like in the pan.)
How long do you bake Madeleines?
Madeleines are not thick cookies and should bake about 8-10 minutes max!
Do you need to use a Madeleines pan?
You do not need to use a Madeleine pan for this recipe. You can make these gluten free cookies drop style on a baking sheet if you prefer.
Ideas for Decorating Your Madeleines
- To decorate your Madeleines like mice, grab full almonds and some candy googly eyes. You can follow this fun tutorial if you prefer to make your own googly eyes. I used a tube of icing that I bought (usually used for writing on cakes) to adhere to my googly eyes. For the tails, I used black bean pasta.
- Dust with Powdered sugar.
- Dip them in chocolate!
Things You Need To Make This Pumpkin Madeleine Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: dark chocolate for dip or drizzle
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients together. Whisk to blend
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together, including coconut sugar.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a madeleine pan with coconut oil, or other non stick oil.
- With a ladle fill each madeleine section with batter.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until done.
- Optional: dip or drizzle melted dark chocolate.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 54mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 2g
Love pumpkin? Try this recipe for a gluten free pumpkin tart with dark rum.