If you like Madeleines, here is a delicious gluten free version that is perfect for fall!
I finally broke down and bought a Madeleine pan 🙂
It was one of those things I really couldn’t justify buying in the past. My husband sort of laughed at me when we were shopping. “Why would you want to make fancy shaped cookies?” he asked. Ha, he doesn’t know me as well as he thought :-).
Then I made this recipe. These cookies are moist with crispy edges. They have just the right amount of pumpkin flavor to balance out the dark chocolate. They are absolutely delicious!
I hope you enjoy these as much as our family did. Dipping in the dark chocolate was a little more challenging because my chocolate melted really thick. Next time I think I would just drizzle the chocolate on.
Wet and dry ingredients are ready to mix.
I love that this Madeleine pan can bake a dozen cookies at the same time!
Delicious gluten free pumpkin madeleines dipped in chocolate
- 1/4 cup gluten free corn flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: dark chocolate for dip or drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix add wet ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together, including coconut sugar.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a madeleine pan with coconut oil, or other non stick oil.
- With a ladle fill each madeleine section with batter.
- Bake 8 minutes until done.
- Optional: dip or drizzle melted dark chocolate.
(*please note there are affiliate links in this recipe. By purchasing something via my affiliate link, it will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset costs of running this site. I appreciate your support!)
Love pumkin? Try this recipe for a gluten free pumpkin tart with dark rum.