If you like Madeleines, here is a delicious gluten free version that is perfect for fall! One bite of these soft cake-like Gluten Free Pumpkin Madeleines and you will be hooked too! These little Madeleines are also dairy-free!
Decoration possibilities are endless, we chose to make these cute little mice :-). If you love all things pumpkin as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious Gluten Free Pumpkin recipes!
I finally broke down and bought a Madeleine pan :-)!
It was one of those things I really couldn't justify buying in the past. My husband sort of laughed at me when we were shopping. "Why would you want to make fancy shaped cookies?" he asked. Ha, he doesn't know me as well as he thought :-).
Well, why not? And while I was at it, I turned these Dairy Free, Gluten Free Pumpkin Madeleines into cute little mice for Halloween. These little cake-like cookies will be the hit of your party!
These cookies are moist with crispy edges. They have just the right amount of pumpkin flavor to balance out the dark chocolate. They are absolutely delicious!
Here are more delicious Gluten Free Madeleine recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Madeleines
- Gluten Free Chocolate Madeleines with Crushed Candy Cane
- Gluten Free Butterscotch Madeleines
- Gluten Free Kumquat Madeleines
Feel free to dip these in the dark chocolate, or decorate any way you like! Next time I think I would just drizzle the chocolate on.
Add the dry ingredients, including the coconut sugar in a bowl. Whisk to blend.
I have tested two gluten free flour blends in this recipe. I liked King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. This doesn't mean other blends won't work, I just haven't tested any others. Try to avoid flour blends that are high in starch.
As always, if your blend does not contain Xanthan Gum, you will need to add 1 teaspoon.
Add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Wet and dry ingredients are ready to mix. Make sure you mix the batter well.
(These are a different kind of Madeleine, but I included this photo so you can see what the batter looks like in the Madeleine pan.)
How long do you bake these?
Madeleines are not thick cookies and should bake about 8-10 minutes max!
Do you need to use a Madeleines pan?
You do not need to use a Madeleine pan for this recipe. You can make these gluten free cookies drop style on a baking sheet if you prefer.
Ways to decorate:
- To decorate these cookies like mice, grab full almonds and some candy googly eyes. You can follow this fun tutorial if you prefer to make your own googly eyes. I used a tube of icing that I bought (usually used for writing on cakes) to adhere to my googly eyes. For the tails, I used black bean pasta.
- Dust with Powdered sugar.
- Dip them in chocolate!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Madeleines
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: dark chocolate for dip or drizzle
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients together. Whisk to blend
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together, including coconut sugar.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a madeleine pan with coconut oil, or other non stick oil.
- With a ladle fill each madeleine section with batter.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until done.
- Optional: dip or drizzle melted dark chocolate.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
Note, this post was updated from an older post dated 11/3/14