Big fluffy Gluten Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pies are my favorite fall treat. Giant soft pumpkin cookies with creamy filling make the best whoopie pies.
If you love pumpkin as much as I do, you will want to check out ALL of my yummy gluten free pumpkin recipes!
I am still playing with pumpkin this week. My kids are starting to think I have an ulterior motive for all of these pumpkin recipes. This week we are making whoopie pies! And even better, these whoopie pies are pretty healthy!
Could I be sneaking in vegetables into my desserts on purpose?
I can’t believe my kids think I would do such a thing (HA! At least orange is a lot easier to sneak in than green!)
Whoopie pies really are one of my favorite desserts. Anytime you sandwich a sweet glaze or frosting in between two soft and moist cake-like cookies is a good time for me.
Gluten free pumpkin cookies cooking on a cooling rack.
Adding frosting to the gluten free pumpkin cookies.
You will be surprised when you look at the ingredients of these cookies. Believe it or not, they are super healthy…except for the frosting. They are soft and melt in your mouth with a delicious hint of pumpkin spice. The whoopie pie cream I used is frosting that I bought, but you can fill yours with whipped cream or frosting.
Mixing in the wet and dry ingredients.
After I used a cookie scoop to drop the batter onto the baking sheet, I pressed them down and shaped them so the cookies would all be roughly the same size.
What is your favorite flavor of whoopie pies?
(*Note, all photos were updated from the original 11/14 post.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Finely ground almond flour.
- A cookie scoop to make sure your cookies are all the same size.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's Pumpkin Caramel
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- dash salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray coconut oil on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (except powdered sugar) and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all of the wet ingredients (egg, pumpkin, vanilla, syrup, water, and coconut oil) and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto the baking sheet.
- Use a clean hand to flatten and shape so all of the cookies are the same size.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until done.
- In a small bowl, add powdered sugar, water and caramel. Whisk to blend into a thick glaze.
- When the cookies are cool, add glaze to one cookie and put another cookie on top to sandwich.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 385 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 158mg Carbohydrates: 53g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 35g Protein: 5g
More Yummy Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try!