I am so excited to share with you these delicious, melt in your mouth Gluten Free Snickerdoodles. These cookies are one of my best gluten free cookie recipes yet.
This gluten free snickerdoodle cookie recipe is the stuff dreams are made of. You get the sugary cinnamon flavors all in a buttery soft cookie. If you love cinnamon and sugar flavors as I do, check out these delicious Gluten Free Churros too!
Click for Table of Contents:
This is it my friends. The ultimate in gluten free cookies. Mr. Fearless Dining has always been a fan of snickerdoodles, but for some reason, I have never made one for the blog.
Maybe I thought I had blogged this recipe years ago, or maybe I haven't made these often enough :-). (I know Mr. Fearless Dining would say I don't make them often enough!)
If you love the type of cookie that is slightly crisp (very slightly) and melts in your mouth, you must give this recipe a try! (These Gluten Free Russian Tea Cookies are also great melt in your mouth cookies to make!)
Snickerdoodles have a cute name and you can check out the story behind these cookies.
What do snickerdoodles taste like?
Snickerdoodle cookies have a sweet cinnamon sugar flavor. The cookies are buttery and light. The secret to a good snickerdoodle is to roll the unbaked dough in a cinnamon-sugar blend.
Although snickerdoodles are typically a really soft cookie, this recipe adds a little crisp to accommodate the ice cream, making them perfect for ice cream sandwiches.
We love to use snickerdoodles for ice cream sandwiches! It makes the perfect summer gluten free dessert!
There are so many flavors of ice cream are good in these gluten free snickerdoodle cookies. What flavor would you put use to make your ice cream sandwich?
No-churn ice cream recipes to make ice cream sandwiches with these snickerdoodles:
- This No-Churn Caramel Chip Ice Cream is creamy and rich.
- If you are a tea drinker, this Earl Grey Ice Cream is amazing.
- Here are lots of delicious ice cream recipes to try!
Are you ready to see how easy these Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies are to make? First, gather your ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk to blend.
What gluten free flour blend is best?
I have tested two gluten free flour blends in this recipe. I liked King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. This doesn't mean other blends won't work, I just haven't tested any others. Try to avoid flour blends that are high in starch.
As always, if your blend does not contain Xanthan Gum, you will need to add 1 teaspoon.
Next, add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Your snickerdoodle cookie dough will be a little stiff. Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough balls and drop into a bowl of sugar and cinnamon.
Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar mix and put onto a cookie sheet.
Use a glass bottom to smoosh the cookies flat.
How long do you bake snickerdoodles for?
Bake at 350F degrees for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies.
Can you freeze gluten free cookies?
You can definitely freeze these gluten free cookies! They taste delicious frozen too!
More delicious gluten free cookie recipes to try:
- If you love sugar cookies, this Gluten Free Sugar Cookies recipe is delicious.
- A cross between a cookie and a brownie, these Yummy Gluten Free Brookies can easily become your favorite.
- Sprinkles make these Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies colorful for a party.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Snickerdoodles Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar and cinnamon for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Add the wet ingredients into a smaller bowl and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Use a cookie scoop to make cookie dough balls.
- In a small bowl, add 3 tablespoons sugar to 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix it up.
- Drop each cookie ball into the cinnamon sugar and roll it around.
- Use the bottom of a glass to press each cookie flat.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a cooling rack.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)