If you love sugar cookies, these gluten free sugar cookies with funfetti sprinkles will be difficult to resist! Rainbow sprinkles make these gluten free cookies festive for any occasion.
Who says sprinkles are just for kids?
Why should they get all of the fun?? Well, it is time to let your inner child out to have some fun. These sprinkle filled sugar cookies are crisp on the edges and they just melt in your mouth once you take a bite. The sprinkles make these that much better :-). Funfetti aka Unicorn Food, is a fun way to add some color to your baking. I am taking the high road and not calling these cookies unicorn food because my teen daughter will rebel against them!
Cookies don’t get any better than these gluten free funfetti “unicorn cookies”.
My daughter has been asking for gluten free cookies lately…but not any gluten free sugar cookies. She wanted something more girly. I have to admit, I was thrown for a loop over this request. My daughter is not the pink sparkly girly type. Do you think cookies can be girly?
Maybe she was just testing me :-). Regardless, she loved the cookies. (And so did her brother, who we decided NOT to tell that these were “girly” unicorn cookies.)
Do you want to know a special bonus about these cookies? They are filled with almond flour. A full cup of finely ground almond flour. Sneaking some protein into these cookies, which I love to do to, helps balance out the sugars.
Come see all of the gluten free cookie recipes on this blog here!
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Super cook cookie sheet. This makes baking cookies so easy.
- This cookie scoop is awesome because it ensures your cookies are all the same size!
Easy rainbow sprinkle gluten free sugar cookies
- 1 cup almond flour I used Anthony's because of the fine grind
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Sprinkles lots of them 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, add all of the wet ingredients and mix on low until blended.
- (I am transitioning to using my mixer more. It is also easy to make in a bowl.)
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer, keeping the speed on slow.
- (In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend. Pour in wet ingredients. Add the sprinkles and mix well.)
- Add the sprinkles to the mixer.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and move the cookies to a cooling rack.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes to Try
If you love sugar cookies, here are a few more to try out!