If you love sugar cookies, these gluten free funfetti sugar cookies with funfetti sprinkles will be difficult to resist! Rainbow sprinkles make these gluten free cookies festive for any occasion.
Kids love the bright colors and you will love how easy it is to make funfetti cookies! This recipe also makes an incredible chocolate chip cookie too! Keep reading because I made a fun video to show you how easy these cookies are to make!
Who says sprinkles are just for kids?
Why should they get all of the fun?? Well, it is time to let your inner child out to have some fun. These sprinkle filled sugar cookies are crisp on the edges and they just melt in your mouth once you take a bite. The sprinkles make these that much better :-).
Funfetti aka Unicorn Food is a fun way to add some color to your baking. I am taking the high road and not calling these cookies unicorn food because my teen daughter will rebel against them!
Cookies don’t get any better than these gluten free funfetti “unicorn cookies”.
My daughter has been asking for gluten free cookies lately…but not any gluten free funfetti cookies. She wanted something more girly. I have to admit, I was thrown for a loop over this request. My daughter is not the pink sparkly girly type.
Do you think cookies can be girly?
Maybe she was just testing me :-). Regardless, she loved the cookies. (And so did her brother, who we decided NOT to tell that these were “girly” unicorn cookies.)
Do you want to know a special bonus about these cookies? They are filled with almond flour. A full cup of finely ground almond flour. Sneaking some protein into these cookies, which I love to do to, helps balance out the sugars.
Just in case you are laughing at my new Wifey coffee mug, there is a story behind it. Mr. Fearless Dining is always stealing my coffee. Our mugs mostly are the same, and he “claims” he can’t tell whose cup of coffee when a mug is on the counter.
It is funny he always chooses the mug that has the most coffee in it :-).”
Anyways, I found these Wifey and Hubby mugs at Target last week…and problem solved! He would definitely be caught red-handed if he is holding my Wifey mug!
Funfetti sprinkles can come in many different colors, by many different brands. You can choose rainbow brights, pastels, or even shades of the same color. These sprinkles can come in lines like what I have, circles, and other shapes.
These funfetti cookies are soft and delicious…but just a tiny bit crispy on the ends. It is so easy to make funfetti cookies from scratch, just grab your favorite rainbow sprinkles!
Here are the step by step instructions to make these gluten free funfetti cookies:
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend thoroughly. Feel free to substitute coconut sugar for the regular sugar. Just note the color of the cookies will be more brownish.
Add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla to a bowl and whisk to blend. Whip until it is well blended.
Add the rainbow sprinkles and mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
Use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F Degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to cool.
Here is the video to tie it all together!
Come see all of the gluten free cookie recipes on this blog here!
More Delicious Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Gluten Free Vanilla Crescent Cookies
- My favorite gluten free cookies for a cookie exchange party.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Super cookie sheet. This makes baking cookies so easy.
- This cookie scoop is awesome because it ensures your cookies are all the same size!
How to make this funfetti cookie recipe:
- 1 cup almond flour, I used Anthony's because of the fine grind
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Sprinkles, lots of them 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, add all of the wet ingredients and mix on low until blended.
- (I am transitioning to using my mixer more. It is also easy to make in a bowl.)
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer, keeping the speed on slow.
- (In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend. Pour in wet ingredients. Add the sprinkles and mix well.)
- Add the sprinkles to the mixer.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and move the cookies to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 126 Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 67mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 2g
(*This post was updated from April 2016. I added new photos and a video.)
More Delicious Cookie Recipes to Try
If you love sugar cookies, here are a few more to try out!