This easy gluten free Russian tea cookie recipe is a delicious cookie to make to enjoy with a cup of hot tea. Russian tea cookies melt in your mouth and are a fun cookie to make! If you love cookies as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free cookie recipes.
I hope these super easy gluten free Russian tea cookies will help add some cheer to your day.
This cookie recipe is perfect for a cold rainy day because they are really fun to make with your kids. Rolling the dough into balls is only a part of this kid-friendly gluten free snack; eating them will definitely be the best part :-).
To see my very favorite gluten free cookies, check out my Gluten Free Holiday Cookie roundup.
Today has been a great excuse for me and the kids to make these cookies. These cookies are great all year round, but their cute snowy white looks make them the perfect cookie for a cookie exchange or holiday party too!
It has been so cold here in the Bay Area. This year it has been colder and rainier than usual. Have you been freezing too? I almost feel guilty complaining because we desperately need the rain. Unfortunately, cold rainy weather isn’t ideal when you are trying to stay healthy!
These gluten free tea cookies just melt in your mouth! We like to make a double batch and freeze the extras. Then all we have to do is defrost them and roll them in the powdered sugar.
Nothing goes better with hot tea than Russian tea cookies. Their sweet buttery melt in your mouth goodness is soooo good. These cookies are also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies…just in case you were looking and thought they look familiar.
This easy gluten free Russian tea cookie recipe is super easy to make, so follow along!
How to make this gluten free Russian Tea Cookie Recipe:
Slowly cream the butter with the powdered sugar in a mixer.
Chop up the raw pecans into small pieces.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Your dough will be firm enough to roll into balls. Bake these and then roll in powdered sugar!
More Delicious Gluten Free Cookie Recipes To Try:
- Gluten Free Cranberry Shortbread Bars
- Gluten Free Austian Vanillekipferl Cookies
- Edible Gluten Free Cookie Dough (because sometimes the dough is the best part!)
- Gluten Free Nutella Linzer Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies
- Gluten Free Ginger Cookies
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend. This flour keeps these cookies moist and delicious.
- A good cookie sheet to bake your cookies on.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup raw pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, vanilla and sugar. Beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated.
- Slowly add flour on low speed and mix until blended. Add pecans and mix on low.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place dough balls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove GENTLY with a thin spatula onto a cooling rack. These cookies are very crumbly when hot.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 118 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 67mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g