If you love fresh herbs, this recipe is for you. This traditional gluten free stuffing recipe with fresh herbs and chicken sausage is one of the best. Not only is it easy to make, but I use fresh simple ingredients and delicious gluten free bread from Franz Gluten Free Bakery.
Get ready for the holidays and try some of these delicious gluten free sides to serve with this gluten free sausage stuffing recipe. There is a vegan option too!
Click for Table of Contents:
(*This post was sponsored by Franz Gluten Free. All delicious opinions are my own.)
The holidays are upon us and I am so excited to share this new gluten free stuffing recipe with you. It is chock full of fresh herbs and the flavor is absolutely incredible!! Franz sent me their gluten free multigrain and it is the perfect bread for this gluten free stuffing! Their loaves of bread are so soft, which makes the bread cubes really really good in this stuffing recipe.
If you love using fresh herbs to cook and bake as much as I do, why not grow your own? Here are easy tips to Grow Herbs in Your Kitchen Window.
I am so excited to share another delicious recipe featuring my favorite Franz Gluten Free Bread. This recipe is timely with the holidays quickly approaching and I know you will be ready to tackle homemade stuffing this year!!
One of the reasons I love Franz Gluten Free for this recipe is because of how soft their bread is. They toast up beautifully and it helps keep your stuffing in cube form. Your stuffing won't get super mushy and it makes a great presentation on your Thanksgiving table!
You can find Franz gluten free breads, bagels, buns and more on their website, or Costco Stores in the Bay Area, Midwest, and in the Northwest.
Grab fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, and sage. These are my favorite herbs that really accent the flavor of turkey.
Place the loaf of bread on a cutting board and cut it into cubes. You can vary the size of your cubes. I like to use 1" to 1 1/2" size cubes. Bake the cubes to get them crisp.
In a pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add butter or light oil, chicken sausage, onion, and garlic and cook until the sausage is cooked and the onions are clear. (This will depend on the brand of sausage you use.)
Can you use pork sausage?
You can easily swap out the chicken sausage for pork sausage if you prefer. Because pork sausage is fattier, make sure to drain off some of the grease before adding to the bread cubes.
Add fresh herbs, salt, and pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
Add bread cubes, sausage mixture, melted butter, and broth to a large bowl and toss to coat. Place the gluten free sausage stuffing mixture into a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Can you make this stuffing vegan?
You can definitely make this vegan by using vegan butter, vegetable broth, and optional meat-free sausage.
More Delicious Recipes Featuring Franz Gluten Free Bread:
- Gluten Free Blueberry French Toast Muffins
- Ricotta and Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- Easy Gluten Free French Toast Cheesecake
- Grilled Brie Cheese and Apple Sandwich
Enjoy. I hope your family has a wonderful holiday!!
- 1 loaf gluten free bread
- 10 ounces raw chicken sausage
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon avocado or light oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut the loaf of bread into 1 inch cubes on a cutting board.
- Place the bread cubes into a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Stir and bake an additional 5 minutes. Pour bread cubes into a large bowl.
- In a skillet, add the onion, oil, and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the raw sausage and cook until the sausage is cooked.
- Add fresh herbs to the sausage mixture and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the sausage mixture, chicken broth, and melted butter onto the bread cubes and mix well.
- Put the stuffing mixture back into the 9x13 pan and bake for 20 minutes until done.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
**If your gluten free flour blend doesn't include Xanthan Gum, please add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon! **Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.