This Leftover Stuffing Gluten Free Stuffed Butternut Squash recipe is a great way to use up those leftovers. Add leftover turkey too and make this a delicious meal!
If your refrigerator looks like mine the day after Thanksgiving, you are looking at a lot of leftovers.
What to do with Leftover Stuffing
Every year we have so many leftovers after Thanksgiving. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy...but NEVER stuffing. Gluten free stuffing goes fast in this house! This year I made a triple batch, and that was more than enough!
Try my homemade Gluten Free Stuffing recipe in this recipe! Super yum!!
I had two containers in my refrigerator packed full! Time to make something up! I needed some leftover stuffing ideas quick! Have you ever made eggs and just tossed in a bunch of ingredients into the pan?
This is sort of what happened with this recipe. It all started with a beautiful butternut squash from our local farmer's market. I had wanted to tie this butternut squash with my leftovers.
If you haven't read all about my local farmer's market in other posts, you can read more about it in this recipe for ground pork lettuce wraps.
This leftover Thanksgiving stuffing recipe is so easy to make!
I sliced the butternut squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and roast it partway. Next, add some stuffing, leftover turkey, mushrooms, pecans, etc. You can add anything, even cranberries!
Ways to Cook Butternut Squash:
- In this recipe, I roasted the butternut squash in my oven.
- If you are in a hurry, you can microwave the butternut squash to quickly get it ready to stuff. Place the de-seeded butternut squash halves face down in a microwave-safe dish. Cook for 8 minutes.
The stuffing is full of leftover turkey, stuffing, mushrooms, pecans, and mozzarella cheese. The flavors bake in wonderfully with the butternut squash.
Can you make this recipe dairy-free?
To keep this recipe dairy-free, just use Daiya or a cheese substitute!
More Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes:
If you have leftover mashed potatoes, you MUST give this Potato Bacon Rose Mashed Potato Pie a try!!
This easy leftover turkey white chili soup is a great way to use leftover turkey! Fire-roasted hatch chiles make this hard to resist if you love spicy!
What will you toss your leftover stuffing into?
Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash roasted
- ½ cup gluten free stuffing
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup leftover turkey chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion diced
- ¼ cup pecans optional
- ¼ cup diced persimmon
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese You can also use parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice a butternut squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes to partially cook. (I used my toaster oven so it took about 15 minutes. It may take longer in a larger oven.)
- In a large bowl, add all stuffing ingredients.
- Remove squash from oven and fill holes with stuffing.
- Bake another 15 minutes until vegetables cook and cheese melts.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)