If you love grilled fish, this easy bacon-wrapped grilled tilapia recipe will make a delicious dinner. It is so easy to learn how to cook tilapia on the grill!
Get ready for some delicious seafood recipes. Here are 50+ delicious gluten free seafood recipes for you to try.
Look no further than this healthy grilled tilapia wrapped in bacon recipe. My kids are not big seafood eaters...well except for shrimp :-).
We are trying to incorporate healthy fish into a couple of meals a week and quite honestly, it has been rough. I have had a few successes with this Grilled Salmon with Papaya Salsa and this Gluten Free Cod Fettucine Alfredo.
Here is my newest attempt to make fish edible for our kids. Tilapia grilled is a great way to prepare fish for little palates.
Bacon makes everything better, right?? Well, fast forward to our dinner. The first outcry was that I ruined perfectly good bacon. LOL.
They ate the fish, gaining speed as they got used to the fact it tasted a lot like bacon. Neither child asked for seconds, but it was a huge success in the fact that they ate fish without all of the complaining.
I would love to hear what dishes you have used bacon as the main ingredient in. Did your kids like it?
Wrapped and ready for the grill.
(This grill basket has made it a lot easier. When I used foil, the bacon just didn't get crispy like it does with a basket.
On the grill and ready to cook, this grilling tilapia is going to be good!
More Delicious Bacon Recipes to Try:
- Hearty Bacon Lentil Soup
- Gluten Free Maple Bacon Scones
- Mashed Potato Pie with Bacon Roses
- Bacon-Wrapped Cornish Game Hens
How to make grilled tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets
- 8 pieces long thick cut of raw bacon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat the grill.
- Spray coat a Grilling Basketwith cooking spray.
- Put the tilapia in a dish. Coat with salt and pepper.
- Brush a small amount of olive oil onto the fish.
- Take two raw pieces of bacon and wrap it around the tilapia.
- Do this with all of the pieces of tilapia.
- Put into the grilling cage.
- (I kept a plate under the basket as I prepared the fish so it wouldn't drip all over the kitchen.)
- Put grill basket with the fish onto the grill.
- Cook on one side for 5 minutes on high heat and then flip the basket to cook the other side.
- Cook until the fish is flaky and white. Bacon may need a few extra minutes, and that is okay.
- Serve warm with parsley sprinkled on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 45g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.